Gauge Problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauge Problem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok ..installed the SPO boost gauge ..got the electrical to work. Lights up fine. Tapped into the BOV line.. now..when ...

Gauge Problem

ok ..installed the SPO boost gauge ..got the electrical to work. Lights up fine. Tapped into the BOV line.. now..when i took it for a test run, the needle was at 20 vacuum, then at WOT it would read little over 10lbs boost, under 14 though. so then I ziptied all the lines however I think I might have bent the T a little.. not alot.. but you can see a little flex in the plastic if you know what I mean.

So 2nd test drive.. when at idle.. the gauge reads like 10 or so Vacuum .. then when I take it for a drive at WOT it maybe gets to zero.. i know thats not right. Shouldn't it idle at zero?? help me out guys. What readings should I be looking for at idle and at WOT??

I followed instructions posted on this site for the install.

Thanks.
    2002 Silver WRX
    Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned, Perrin Upipe, Bosal Downpipe., Eibach Springs/KYB AGXs, Turbo XS Magnaflow catback, Autometer Boost Gauge, 18x8 Rota Tarmac 3's on 235/40/18 Falken Azenis 451's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stock max boost is 13.5 and at idle you do have negative pressure (vacuum). I don't have this gauge so I can't be of more help.
    A lot of power is good, more is better, and too much is perfect. I mean, if less is more, think how much more more is...

It sounds like maybe one of your zip ties is pinching the vacuum line and therefore your pressure is read incorrectly. Since you said that during your first test drive(pre-zip tie) it worked approximately correctly, and on the second drive(post-zip tie) it pretty much did not work right at all.

I would go back and double check the entire length of tubing to make sure it is not kinked or pinched anywhere, especially around the zip ties.

-the_bear

turned out the line going into the gauge was kinked.. all fixed ..working great.. 15.5psi through 3rd-5th gear.. thanks.
    2002 Silver WRX
    Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned, Perrin Upipe, Bosal Downpipe., Eibach Springs/KYB AGXs, Turbo XS Magnaflow catback, Autometer Boost Gauge, 18x8 Rota Tarmac 3's on 235/40/18 Falken Azenis 451's

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.