04 seats in 02
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 seats in 02 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone know if the 2004 seats will bolt directly in to the 2002. I imagine they would since the only ...

04 seats in 02

Anyone know if the 2004 seats will bolt directly in to the 2002. I imagine they would since the only difference in the the years is seats and outside styling. My 02 was vandalized and the whole interior is destroyed. I like the way the new seats are styled, and was thinking maybe I could get them replaced with the 2004 interior. Thanks in advance.
    Shane
    Aim Higher Go Navy!
    Platinum Silver 2002 WRX Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm curious about this too. I love the '04 seats. Anybody have an idea of how much they would cost?

The '04 seats don't have as much side bolster as your '02's do. Just FYI you will slide around more if your not overweight.
    WRXThis <> Brian
    2002 PSM WRX Sedan
    Was tuned to Stage V
    Soon... WRB STi w/ gold

I'm pretty thin and I don't slide around at all in them. There are pretty high bolsters on the seat bottom that I don't remember from the old seats, perhaps these help.
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

Originally posted by WRXThis
    The '04 seats don't have as much side bolster as your '02's do. Just FYI you will slide around more if your not overweight.
    really? odd. i found after driving both, that i found the '04's holding me in place better than the '02's.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

so does anyone know?
    Shane
    Aim Higher Go Navy!

04's seemed less snug to me as well.

Hmm, well I've ridden in several 02-03's and I own an 04, I think that the lateral grip is about the same. They both definitely hold you in place in the twisties. I've taken some pretty crazy turns in my 04 and I dont move one inch. I also think that the seats with the integrated headrests look awesome, much better than the 02-03's. As for fitment, I would assume that they could bolt right in.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

This thread makes me laugh. I asked the exact same question about interchanging 02 and 04 seats on a different board, and the exact same thing happened to the thread: turned into a discussion of the merits of the two styles of seat. No one actually knows for sure whether the seats are in fact interchangeable.

Well, I'm going to find out in two days, because I'm trading my 04 seats with someone else for their 02 seats and having leather installed on them. We'll see what happens when you assume.

If it doesn't work, you can find an update here. You'll also be able to find a set of dark graphite/light gray Katzkin WRX logo seat covers for a bargain price in the classifieds.

Originally posted by ryland
    Hmm, well I've ridden in several 02-03's and I own an 04, I think that the lateral grip is about the same. They both definitely hold you in place in the twisties. I've taken some pretty crazy turns in my 04 and I dont move one inch. I also think that the seats with the integrated headrests look awesome, much better than the 02-03's. As for fitment, I would assume that they could bolt right in.
    I agree that they look better, but they don't seem to hold as well. Also the passenger seat in the 02/03 doesn't have steel bracing it like the drivers seat. Maybe thats it?

Thanks blackdog! let me know! Looks like the damage is a little more than interior though now. I drove a buddy of mine to his house(the first time I have driven the car since it was jacked up) and now the car is hesitating, smoking, and the CEL is on now. The entire interior is destroyed, and the car is running like crap. They stole everything in there. Damn thieves/vandals!!
    Shane
    Aim Higher Go Navy!

Originally posted by AE2RSM
    Thanks blackdog! let me know! Looks like the damage is a little more than interior though now. I drove a buddy of mine to his house(the first time I have driven the car since it was jacked up) and now the car is hesitating, smoking, and the CEL is on now. The entire interior is destroyed, and the car is running like crap. They stole everything in there. Damn thieves/vandals!!

That sucks man, I hate people that do that kind of sh*t.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I would say spend the money on a Sparco Evo 2 seat, supposed to be very comfortable for people over 200 pounds, or get a regular Sparco Evo seat if you are under 200 pounds. Thats what my plan is one day. Oh and I did sit in the 04's deffinetly doesn't hold you as well on the sides.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

bambams247
    I read that they fit no problem. There are a few suppliers that sell the 2k4 seats for 2k2 and 2k3 imprezas and they have had no problems with fitment.

How about the side airbags? Do they still work?

Anybody happen to know the price for a set of 2004 seats? And how much I could get for 2002 seats?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.