Car Audio Vendors (Updated 4/8/02) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Car Audio Vendors (Updated 4/8/02) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 09 WRX and I was trying to figure it out. If you go to Crutchfield and put ...

Speaker Size

I have a 09 WRX and I was trying to figure it out. If you go to Crutchfield and put in your car, it will come up with speakers that will match. I have 6 1/2 speakers in my doors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IKEsound.com great shipping, and amazing prices

CONfused

I have a 2009 WRX with only 4 speakers in it because I got it at a good deal. I have a $1000 limit on a new soundsystem. What should I get and whatnot? I don't really know a lot except that my currrent one sucks balls.

I would really like the 10 speaker setup and all the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Docrobels View Post
    I have a 2009 WRX with only 4 speakers in it because I got it at a good deal. I have a $1000 limit on a new soundsystem. What should I get and whatnot? I don't really know a lot except that my currrent one sucks balls.
    I would recommend mounting components in the front and see if you can mount a bigger coaxial in the rears (the rears are only 4") You don't need super expensive speakers, these sound pretty good...
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086820...cs.html?tp=106

and these would suit for the rears if you don't wanna get into cutting the speaker hole out...
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1084032...nity+reference

To make it all sound really good run a 4 or 5 ch amp (depending if you want a sub) I highly recommend a PDX-F4.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/s_500PDXF...?search=pdx-f4

We're lookin around $800 at this point, now I'm guessing you are gonna need a new reciever as well? There are plenty to choose from in the $200 range.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113MP34...ml?search=345u
    This one is very popular for its bang for the buck. You can use your ipod through the front usb as well as any other usb device (alot require specific ipod cables but not this one) its got 4ch preamp outputs for running to the 4 ch amp (would need a y splitter if you want a sub) But these are great and it will leave you with enough money to buy the amp wiring kit. (Dash kit and harness free if you order from crutchfield)

Hope that gives you a good idea of what you can do, theres plenty of other options for the same price. Just make sure you get equipment that suits your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by GregFarz78 View Post
    Post here some of your fav and hated vendors I'm compiling a list for reference.

Do your homework...
    www.buy.com - electronics reviews
    www.millionbuy.com - a great site to do some price comparison
    www.carreview.com - reviews on anything from audio to performance parts

Favorites are...
    www.abtelectronics.com - very reputable, huge selection
    www.ikesound.com - very reputable, great deals, lightening fast shipping, excellent customer service
    www.thezeb.com - will beat almost any price, fast shipping, great customer service
    www.mmxpress.com - very reputable
    www.sounddomain.com - great customer service, huge selection, good deals
    www.crutchfield.com - excellent customer service but higher prices than most other places
    www.b-quiet.com - cheaper and comparable to dynamat, fast shipping, great customer service
    www.partsexpress.com - great service, fast
    www.buyloud.com - fast shipping, huge selection
    www.sounddomain.com - great service and reliability

Stay away from...
    www.competitionsound.com - piss poor customer service, slow a$$ shipping, many complaints.
    www.discountave.com - customer service sucks, poor communication
    www.cyberautosound.com - poor service
    Lets add http://www.crutchfield.com/
    Doesn't really get any better. Especially for those wanting to do their own installs for the first time, theres free tech support (from an american!)

how about dealer car cost audio??

also i want to install a CD/DVD GPS navigation reciever which ones do u recommend? and what speakers should i get/.....JL audio CR?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyWire View Post
    Lets add http://www.crutchfield.com/
    Doesn't really get any better. Especially for those wanting to do their own installs for the first time, theres free tech support (from an american!)
    It's already on in the list

Quote Originally Posted by kdpat15 View Post
    how about dealer car cost audio??

also i want to install a CD/DVD GPS navigation reciever which ones do u recommend? and what speakers should i get/.....JL audio CR?
    http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/ is a good one too.
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 11-01-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm WRX View Post
    Anyone else have any feedback on onlinecarstereo.com?
    Best prices, hands down. I bought nearly my whole system for my 240sx from then and saved tons. Crutchfield is almost a scam in comparison.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-bit
    Best prices, hands down. I bought nearly my whole system for my 240sx from then and saved tons. Crutchfield is almost a scam in comparison.
    Crutchfield is an authorized seller, OCS is not for some. A friend of mine went through hell getting warranty work done on JL C5-650s bought from them.

I bought my amplifier from Woofers Etc this week. They gave me a courtesy call to ensure the order was legit, which I thought was nice.

When I did my stereo install, I bought wire from Crutchfield; they had the best pricing.
    Last edited by EJ257; 03-04-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Has anybody used or heard reviews about Sound Deadening Materials for Noise Reduction from Second Skin I have not used sound dampeners before and I'm looking for ease of install and best bang for the buck. I'm looking for a reduction of general road and wind noise along with some improvement to audio sound quality.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123