Best Upgrade: Head Unit or Speakers? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Best Upgrade: Head Unit or Speakers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; crossovers are good....they have them in a lot of h/u now...even ones that are around 200xx///usually the higher you go ...

crossovers are good....they have them in a lot of h/u now...even ones that are around 200xx///usually the higher you go the more you have to work with//but thats the good thing about the stereo systems..you can usually move them from car to car

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bambams247

Re: Best Upgrade: Head Unit or Speakers?

Originally posted by verbal
    This won't happen for a while, but I'm curious. And I'd be upgrading slowly, so I could only buy one thing at a time. I have the factory premium system. What would give me the most 'bang for the buck,' a new stereo or new speakers? I don't want a huge system. I just want to upgrade the stereo and door speakers. Maybe the subwoofer or put an amp in it's place if possible. I don't know much about car audio, so I'm not sure what can be done.

Also, if I did do an upgrade of the speakers and stereo, could I use the existing wires? Or would I have to rewire? Thanks for any help.
    Hey verbal, replacing the head unit can make your spekaers sound good if u get the rigt head unit. The Alpine CDA-9815 will make your speakers sound amazing! I work at a car audio store so I dela with these all the time. I have an alpine cda-9815 in my car and sounds 10x better then my cda-7995 which sounded 100x better then my factory unit. I would also STORNGLY reocmend geting speakers + a speaker amp, a speaker amp does add alot of power and sound quality to your system!

So do you have a kickin' system in your car, bambams?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

bambams247
    i had a good one, i took most of it out, i am redoing everything alpine because they are just the best. I just instllaed my 9815 and I LOVE IT! I am going to redo a few things then see where it takes me. I already made the diasgrams, this is what they will look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails diaggif.jpg  

Can you post a bigger diagram? Or just attach the file? I'd like to see it closer.

BTW: Would replacing the speakers and HU require a complete rewire? Or could the existing wires be used?

its better to replace exisiting spker wire but most people dont

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

Head Unit is the better way to go!!! The head unit is the heart of a good system. I intalled my system this weekend. I have an Alpine IVA-800 tv/head unit. I put an amp on the factory speakers and the difference is night and day. The factory speakers sound really good, I'm very impressed with them, however I'm only running one 12 sub. I think any more than that, the bass would drown out the factory speakers.
    95 Integra GS-R turbo
    03 WRX
    03 Expedition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.