hvac controls removal

This is a discussion on hvac controls removal within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What's the trick to pulling out the control unit for the hvac? It's held in place by the cables that ...

hvac controls removal

What's the trick to pulling out the control unit for the hvac? It's held in place by the cables that adjust the temp and air mix. Do you just yank the cables up and disconnect them from the 'pulleys'? I tried this but they're REALLY held in there and I don't want to break the plastic if it's not the right thing to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: hvac controls removal

Originally posted by tshrey
    What's the trick to pulling out the control unit for the hvac? It's held in place by the cables that adjust the temp and air mix. Do you just yank the cables up and disconnect them from the 'pulleys'? I tried this but they're REALLY held in there and I don't want to break the plastic if it's not the right thing to do.
    Have you "SEARCHed the message boards for this?

Yes. I SEARCHed clubwrx, nasioc and i-club. I tried various search criteria and came up with nothing on any of the boards.

Originally posted by tshrey
    Yes. I SEARCHed clubwrx, nasioc and i-club. I tried various search criteria and came up with nothing on any of the boards.
    Go to www.subaruaccessories.com
    Scroll to the bottom of the page.
    Click on the link for "installation guides"
    Click, CDPLayer, and hopefully you can find it in there. (Even though you are not installig a cd player, it should still show how to remove the trim). I would tell you if it does, but my f*cking adobe plugin is crashing my pc for some reason.

Good luck !