STi cluster pod!

This is a discussion on STi cluster pod! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here's the deal: I took a little detour onto a dirt road the other day (because I CAN) and in ...

STi cluster pod!

Here's the deal:

I took a little detour onto a dirt road the other day (because I CAN) and in addition to having the gauge pod, I also have the performance suspension which make the ride extremely rigid...

I was going about 80 on a dirt road when I hit some bumps in the road that was tossing me around like crazy! The gauge pod was literally jumping out of the dash.. although I was laughing hysterically is there a way to secure the gauge pod?? That can't be good for the gauges...
    ~Chrissie~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Uhh... slow down? Unless of course you have a roll cage, harness, and a helmet, then go for it!
    '12 WRB Sedan

Yeah I second the slow down advice..
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Duct tape
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Duct tape... awesome...

Slow down? Come on now... I DID buy the WRX to go faster, kinda defeats the purpose to purposely slow down. LOL.

I know what your saying, but the duct tape advice RULES.
    ~Chrissie~

I wouldn't go 80 MPH on a dirt road if I had a WRX. But maybe that's just me..
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I'm full of good advice....ask me another one!
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Duct tape is awesome :-D
    Where in NJ are you? nobody EVER takes detours down dirt roads like I do every day Drop me an email, we'll make a wrong turn down the trails i usually accidently stumble upon :-D

If you go 80 I'll kick your butt though, the most I've done is 65 and that was racing my buddies quad
    Scott

Ever heard of the book Weird New Jersey? Whipporwhill Valley Road... da bomb! Well it just so happens one of the roads they mention in that book is a dirt road I used to live by.

But there are a series of dirt roads back there, so I've found a way to loop thru them... oh yea.

You know I told myself I would stop doing things like this because it puts a lot of stress on the car.

For example, when we replaced my stock struts w/ the SPT performance kit, the stock struts were shot, leaking oil since I blew the seals... LOL. But the new suspension is holding up just fine. But you should have seen the look on my boyfriends face when he saw what I did to the stock suspension.. lmao!

I'm from Monmouth County... where are there dirt roads in Ocean? I go to MU too.. what's your deal? I heard Lacey Fire Trails is where we SHOULD be going..
    ~Chrissie~

oops~
    Last edited by TheWRXstore; 05-29-2003 at 10:29 AM.
    www.thewrxstore.com
    T3/T4 Kits starting @ $2500.

630.510.8981- Voice
    630.510.9978- Fax

Lacey fire trails..That's my backyard! :-P drop me an email
    Scott@massimoperformance.com or yayforyay@hotmail.com
    aim/aol- i am scott yay. i know people at MU, also
    Scott