Stereo Speaker Question

This is a discussion on Stereo Speaker Question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an '03 Impreza RS and I'm about to install a whole new stereo system. I have 2 10" ...

Stereo Speaker Question

I have an '03 Impreza RS and I'm about to install a whole new stereo system. I have 2 10" subs, a 2-channel amp, a 4-channel amp, and an Alpine Head Unit. I have all the wires and cable needed. All I need are the speakers.

I've looked around and asked several stores, and I keep getting conflicting answers. What size speakers fit in the front doors? And in the rear doors? Any specific brand recommendations? I'm looking for good sounding speakers with very little custom work needed, as I'll be doing this myself. I don't want to have to drill any holes or whatnot, I just want the speakers to be able to screw in and be ready to go.

Please help,
    -Adam

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From what I hear, MB Quart and Cerwin Vega make some very nice component speakers. I'm not sure how they'll fit in an Impreza. You'd have to do some checking on that.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

does your car have the factory upgraded system? if so than you already have spacers and should be able to run several different brands of 5.25".

I don't want to have to drill any holes or whatnot, I just want the speakers to be able to screw in and be ready to go.
    if you don't want to drill any holes, than you are basically stuck running 5.25" in the front and 4" in the rears.

Originally posted by **** Fitzwell
    does your car have the factory upgraded system? if so than you already have spacers and should be able to run several different brands of 5.25".
    I don't have the factory upgraded system. What are these spacers and where can I get them?

Thank you,
    -Adam