Stereo question

This is a discussion on Stereo question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys two questions, were is the best grounding location for a amp. I have read some posts about people ...

Stereo question

Hey guys two questions, were is the best grounding location for a amp. I have read some posts about people getting some ground loop, and would like to know what note to ground to!!!

My other question before i start to rip stuff apart is, how to you remove the back seats??

Thanks alot

Will

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not sure about the back seats, but where are you putting the amp? In the trunk or near the trunk? You should be able to use one of the factory grounding points. Just make sure to scrape the paint off and ground to the frame and you should be fine. Test the system and if you have ground loops, try a different grounding point.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

im going to put my amp in the trunk... i was thinking about the seat belt posts, thats always worked for me, what do ya think?

There should be an easier spot.. I would recommend grounding to the trunk bed possibly. If you kind of pull away the fabric near the hinges you should be able to get access to make your own ground. I don't own a WRX at the moment, but in my different car there is an easy ground near the rear tire well that you can get access to from the trunk. You would have a good ground there or if you pull up the fabric a bit, you could ground to the trunk bed (just make sure to scrape the paint off so you get a good electrical connection). I personally just grounded to the trunk bed and had no problems.
    - F r a n z

I've done that in the past with my civic and other cars. It will work I'm sure on the scoobie.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

im sorry i didnt understand any of that lol. Trunk bed??? Do you mean the body of the car, under the frabric? And by what hinges? Are you talking about drilling your own hole, taping it then putting a bolt into a tap'd whole. Personaly i would like to use a pre existing bolt?

Thanks alot for the sugestions

I know pleny of people on this board have stereo's an yet know one can share the location they grounding too?

Will

Right. Trunk bed underneat the fabric. Yeah you'd have to drill and tap the hole, but overall I think it'd be easier, especially if you have to temporarily remove the amp for some reason or add a capacitor or something.
    - F r a n z