autometer bezel pod - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on autometer bezel pod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I WANT THE OTHER ONE RIGHT NOW! WHO IS SELLING THESE? I DO NOT CARE IF IT IS A GROUP ...

bambams247
    I WANT THE OTHER ONE RIGHT NOW! WHO IS SELLING THESE? I DO NOT CARE IF IT IS A GROUP BUY, I WANT IT NOW! LET ME KNOW I AM READY TO GET IT!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by bambams247
    I WANT THE OTHER ONE RIGHT NOW! WHO IS SELLING THESE? I DO NOT CARE IF IT IS A GROUP BUY, I WANT IT NOW! LET ME KNOW I AM READY TO GET IT!
    Me too please!

me too

I'd be in for a stock color of the one out of Houston. Please contact me via PM or email. I'd like one ASAP.
    Baa weep graana weep nini-bon

*drool*

Originally posted by TeamShiftPoint
    here's a custom pod from a member in Houston, the gauges are tilted towards the driver rather then facing forward like the autometer bezel.

should be available for sale soon.

That looks SWEET. I don't care if it comes in purple... I want one!

Why the hell can't a "giant" like Autometer get this stuff right? PROPS TO THE LITTLE GUYS! (not to mean that they're really little... anyways, you know what i mean)
    1995 Green Eclipse GSX AT
    2002 White Impreza WRX AT

i'm also very interested in the silver bezel pod. i'll paint it to match if need be, so the color doesnt matter to me. you have a pretty big list here, if you had an initial release group buy at a lower price, you'd get the word out and make a few people pretty happy in the meantime .
    o-|-<) bryan
    if there are any updates, please post them

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

lets get an update~!!

first post - '04 java black sedan 5spd
    first mod - zaino.. LOL

I would still get that custom pod if it were to become available but....

While I'm waiting.. I sent an email to autometer asking if they plan a version 2 of the WRX pod and cited the poor fit (cutting off the top pf the speedo) and the bad almost glossy appearance. I got a reply...

Dear Sir,

The WRX Instrument Cluster Bezel has been fixed, and will be
    shipping soon. All errors that were on the previous one have been eliminated. Please stay posted on the release of these improved WRX Instrument Cluster Bezels, and thank you for your email.

Sincerely,
    Mike Lovro
    I guess we'll just have to see if they get it right this time.

Speaking of the autometer pod. I finally saw this piece. I have to agree. It is very cheap looking. Definetly would be nice to have the one that is shown in this post.

my tuning shop is having the silver one made for me
    they will be in fibreglass and most likely be less than $150
    I am yet to see it and if the quality is good I could organise a group buy

Once I get the prototype (first off the mould) I'll get some pics and post em up

however I'm in australia but for some reason shipping from here to the US is not very expensive

let me know about that silver one too...

thanks.

wombat... are they making it in silver, or will it match the factory dash color? $150 is a bit steep, but i understand if they are custom making it in small quantities that is unavoidable... i'll be interested to see how it turns out.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

bambams247
    Ya wombat! You have to post like 1,000,000 pictures!

they're making them out of fibreglass
    so they can be painted any colour
    I personally am getting the silver as I like it
    but no reason it can't be done to match the dash

also $150 was just his conservative estimate etc
    he said most likely it'll be alot less he's getting the mould made up now and if he gets alot of orders in one hit the cost should come down a fair bit.

It might take a bit of R&D because we want them to fit nicely
    but the fibreglass guy is pretty good and does quality work so I'm expecting it to fit well.

but once it's all good I'll see about setting up a group buy

i would be highly interested in this custome pod instead of the autometer one esp. if they are avail. in silver to match the rest of the trim. let me know ASAP when avail. i would gladly pay $150 for one.
    hell i paid $110 for the one i had in my civic that was custom made before the autometer one came out, it was fiberglass and fit perfect and never even moved once even without having holes to mount to stock screw loc.

thanks
    H. Phillips

Hi Wombat--

I just wanted to let you know I'm following the post about the Autometer-style bezel, to help you gauge interest if it comes to a group buy for your fiberglass prototype. I have an 04 WRX, so the trim color and gauge layout are slightly different than 02-03. I definitely like the Autometer style of the 2 pods on the sides of the cluster, so I'm looking for a good solution that will fit well and not block the odometer, which is now part of the right-side gauge (speedometer).

I'm hoping Autometer's version 2.0 bezel solves all the apparent problems, but I wouldn't be opposed to paying a small premium for a custom Aussie import . Meanwhile, I'm patiently waiting for the day when I can install a boost gauge and get a better idea what's going on under my hood.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.