autometer bezel pod - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on autometer bezel pod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm in line for this one! Please email more details when available! Originally posted by TeamShiftPoint here's a custom pod ...

Thumbs up

I'm in line for this one! Please email more details when available!

Originally posted by TeamShiftPoint
    here's a custom pod from a member in Houston, the gauges are tilted towards the driver rather then facing forward like the autometer bezel.

should be available for sale soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get it to match the stock bezel pod cover color and I'm in. I'd reluctantly go for the silver one pictured but one in the stock color would win me over faster. Any ideas on the pricing on one of these bad boys?

Please keep us updated.

here's a custom pod from a member in Houston, the gauges are tilted towards the driver rather then facing forward like the autometer bezel.

http://chieffan.com/wrx/Dscf1356.jpg

Originally posted by WRB04WRX
    Get it to match the stock bezel pod cover color and I'm in. I'd reluctantly go for the silver one pictured but one in the stock color would win me over faster. Any ideas on the pricing on one of these bad boys?

Please keep us updated.
    Ditto

I'm very interested, will take silver if stock color is not availible.

Originally posted by virpacalis
    Night view:
    What gauges are those?

EDIT: After reading I see they're VDO. Are they in 'american units' or metric? Where could I get them? How are VDO gauges overall? I don't hear much about them.
    Last edited by verbal; 06-12-2003 at 10:01 AM.

Originally posted by verbal
    What gauges are those?

EDIT: After reading I see they're VDO. Are they in 'american units' or metric? Where could I get them? How are VDO gauges overall? I don't hear much about them.
    VDO suposedly makes guages for mercedes.

I like mine...my boost guage sits a hair below zero when the var is off, but i don't mind.

Boost is in mmHG for vaccum and PSI for boost.
    oil pressure is in PSI...

dunno about their other guages.

I think i got mine for like $30 each.

Summit Racing has them for $28ish, but they have different series and such so you have to know which ones you want to get the colors to match (its the one that has two bulb condoms, red and green).

Or just get in touch with ilpperformance.com and ask them, that's where I got mine.

VDO's are much nicer looking than most others, IMHO. I think their needles will match the WRX pretty well, especially the 04 with the red needles.
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
    Summit Racing has them for $28ish, but they have different series and such so you have to know which ones you want to get the colors to match (its the one that has two bulb condoms, red and green).

Or just get in touch with ilpperformance.com and ask them, that's where I got mine.
    What model did you get?

So you can easily change the condom/bulb in these? I changed all my dash lights to blue. So it'd be nice if I could change the bulb in these too. Just not sure which model it can be done on.

my VDO gauges

EGT is measured in Fahrenheit. I got the vision series. Bulb color is a snap to change.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Originally posted by verbal
    What model did you get?

So you can easily change the condom/bulb in these? I changed all my dash lights to blue. So it'd be nice if I could change the bulb in these too. Just not sure which model it can be done on.

The "Vision" series gauges are the ones that have the diff colored "gels." They only come with red and green as far as I know but I'm sure you could slip a blue one on there and have it change the color no problem. I'm not sure what color the needle would come out though.

I've done a lot research on these guages, they're high quality (oem quality, because they are oem on a lot of major car manufact.), good looking (no crazy fancy stuff, just nice simple flow and design, real subtle and just how I like it <-- looks OEM), and you cannot beat the price. I'm in the process of switching over what used to be two Greddy's (EGT and Boost) to 3 vdo's (boost, egt, oil press), and possibly an analog clock and ambient air temp from vdo also. I get more bang for my buck and they match up with my red dash lights! If you decide to order these and you don't have a use for your red gels, could you get in contact with me? I have a need for them, thanks. Hope this helped.

-DK

DrD

Is this going to be available? Any idea on time or cost? Looks much nicer than the Autometer one!

I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat
    I like the silver too probably easier to colour match than the
    stock dash

bambams247
    When is the release date?

I just got my autometer in and the instructions are horrible. It came with these metal brackets which dont seem to fit anywhere.

2. Remove the two factory screws at the bottom of the
    instrument cluster (done) and install the included aluminum
    brackets.

WTF ?! It doesnt even tell you where to put them.

If anyone is actually keeping track, add me to the list of people interested in that guage pod. Makes the autometer look SAAAAAD!

bambams247
    Can someone please post a picture of the autometer one and the other one. I cannot tell the difference, I ahve the autometer one on order right now, So I am not sure what it looks like, can someone show me please.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.