autometer bezel pod - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on autometer bezel pod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've commented on a similar thread at NASIOC, but I'll throw in my

.02 here as well (just in case ...

I've commented on a similar thread at NASIOC, but I'll throw in my $0.02 here as well (just in case anyone at Autometer is reading.)

The lack of color matching is annoying but would not be a show stopper for me. The improper fitment (cutting off the top of the gauges in the instrument cluster) makes it a no-go. The whole reason for this part (IMO) is to make it look close to stock. I hope they get the mold fixed for version 2 because I want one that fits. Now, if while they were at it they fixed the color, I would be very happy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

to me it doesn't look like it fits right, cutting things off. i prefer the pillar mount to all tho, that's just me!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by virpacalis
    Day view:
    Thanks.

i saw one of those on the ESX cars. Does anyone know the price for that? And the quality of the pod (cheap plastic, etc.)??

thanks

I agree, that's pretty poor execution. I like VDO gauges though. Nice choice, virpacalis! Thanks for the pics, also. I guess I'm happy with the factory boost gauge for now. I might put a better gauge in the housing. Has this been done? I've got the 04, so it doesn't obstruct the relocated tach, just the lower half of the temp gauge and the "FUEL DOOR" arrow. I know where my fuel door is. Also looks like the revised the mounting method for the column gauge, but I can't remember what last year's looked like anymore.

Anyway, I love the idea, but hopefully Autometer corrects it or someone else will make one that fits better. How was installation, virpacalis?

*edit* Sorry, just reread your post and noticed you had it installed and didn't do it yourself.
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

You would think the cost would be a little less also! Its almost as much as a Defi pod, but the Defi pod fits!
    '12 WRB Sedan

here's a custom pod from a member in Houston, the gauges are tilted towards the driver rather then facing forward like the autometer bezel.

should be available for sale soon.

http://go.to/TeamShiftPoint
    William Mai william@teamshiftpoint.com
    --TurboXS UTECS and other TXS parts.
    --Bride and Recaro racing seats
    --APEX'i, Blitz, HKS & GReddy Exhausts, RS*R / Invidia
    --All TEIN Suspensions special pricing.

Now THAT looks good! The fitment looks perfect. I like the angled gauges. Let us know when this becomes available.

Originally posted by TeamShiftPoint
    Any other details? Price, colors, etc???

Originally posted by TeamShiftPoint
    here's a custom pod from a member in Houston, the gauges are tilted towards the driver rather then facing forward like the autometer bezel.

Can we see more pictures? And not to put too fine a point on it, but what do you mean by soon -- weeks, months, years? I don't mean to be rude, I just know that lots of promises of "soon" get made without any delivery.

Originally posted by WRteXmeX

thanks for the close up pic, Orlando.
    http://go.to/TeamShiftPoint
    William Mai william@teamshiftpoint.com
    --TurboXS UTECS and other TXS parts.
    --Bride and Recaro racing seats
    --APEX'i, Blitz, HKS & GReddy Exhausts, RS*R / Invidia
    --All TEIN Suspensions special pricing.

Sweet... I want one of those.

Very very nice!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Wow! Yes, that looks very nice. I'm unsure of the silver -- I've been wondering about matching the silver instead of dark grey -- but that's a minor issue. The design is nice and you can even see the top of your speedo/tach! It should work well for '04 models too (with tach in the middle.)

So, when is it coming? Huh, huh?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.