Just changed my STi shift knob...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just changed my STi shift knob... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; And I am so glad to be rid of it! I hated that STi piston shift knob. It was not ...

Just changed my STi shift knob...

And I am so glad to be rid of it! I hated that STi piston shift knob. It was not comfortable for me. I ended up getting the STi WRC round titanium knob and am really happy with it...big, but not too big. Now this old one is going on eBay!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude, I'm so going to get rid of mine. First, I live in Northeast, so it's cold as sh*t in the winter. I can feel the freeze through my gloves. Second, I'm in the city, so it's uncomfortable for frequent shifting. I'm looking at a Momo that's about $80 - leather and steel or something like that. I'll post a link when I find it again. What are you replacing with?

Limehatless Avatar - I'm a trend scoffer.

Re: Just changed my STi shift knob...

Originally posted by jvic
    I ended up getting the STi WRC round titanium knob and am really happy with it...
    ^
    |
    |
    |

Looks like that's the one he got.

Vostok 7
    BUGEYE 4 LYFE! Or uh maybe not

RIP Team Intrinsic Viva la Project 1! http://www.prjct1.com/

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4EAT Aspen White "Akane"
    Mod List, Picts

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sedan Aspen White "Akane II"

I got the STi Titanium WRC knob. It's going to have the same problems with cold/heat, but I am willing to accept that...

This is mine:

http://japanparts.com/SubaruParts/Im..._shiftknob.JPG

I got the STi Titanium WRC knob. It's going to have the same problems with cold/heat, but I am willing to accept that...
    I also just ordered that one. Was looking at the Momo air leather as well. I'll be moving to Wisconsin with the arctic winters but I can deal with a cold knob until the heaters kick in

I remember speaking with Joseph (Suby Dude) when ordering it. He's tried all four knobs (the STi titanium, momo air leather, momo carbon fiber, and the WRC titanium). Said his favorite was the WRC for the feel and shape. Hated the momo cf.

Before the WRC I was looking at the momo air leather and the Prodrive. Went with the WRC because it was an anniversary gift from She Who Must Be Obeyed. Can't wait for it to arrive.
    I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?"

I just put the air leather on my car this week. I had the same on on my last car. I really like it. Matches in the WRX perfect, looks like it belongs there. Probably have to throw that STi one away because nobody wants it!

Actually I'll keep it with the car since it's on the window sticker...
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

Originally posted by randy98mtu
    I just put the air leather on my car this week...
    Randy, how was the install of your air leather? I've read comments here and there it could be a little tricky getting a solid fit.

Unscrew the factory one, pulled up the console so I could get the white plastic gizmo off the shifter. I pulled everything out of the package. There were little rubber caps. I found the one that fit over the metal shifter. Put the console back together, put the metal ring on, pushed down the knob. Put in the set screws and tighten sequentially for a square fit. Screw up the trim ring. Takes like 3 minutes. Looks great, a touch shorter than the STi knob was I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails momo 01.jpg  
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

And a shot from the side...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails momo 02.jpg  
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

Very nice . The momo was my second choice. I was going with the air leather (top half leather, bottom aluminum). Wonder if jvic has any pics of his WRC in action?

Originally posted by Ibizan
    Very nice . The momo was my second choice. I was going with the air leather (top half leather, bottom aluminum). Wonder if jvic has any pics of his WRC in action?
    I will take some tonight and get them on here...

I will take some tonight and get them on here...
    Sweet, thanks mate.

Sung to that funny little tune:

"My knob is better than your knob, my knob is better than your's.."

Where did you get that sticker showing the gear pattern? I am always forgettin'.
    Last edited by JTREX; 05-23-2003 at 09:46 AM.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Originally posted by JTREX
    Where did you get that sticker showing the gear pattern? I am always forgettin'.
    Usually with the knob.

Matrix Philosophy: "There is no knob"

Originally posted by JTREX
    Sung to that funny little tune:

"My knob is better than your knob, my knob is better than your's.."

It was part of the option group that stuck me with the STi knob. The only good part of it.
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast