Shift Knobs.. which ones fit?

This is a discussion on Shift Knobs.. which ones fit? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I got an 03 with the STi Titanium shift knob but I dont like the size of it.. What ...

Shift Knobs.. which ones fit?

Hey, I got an 03 with the STi Titanium shift knob but I dont like the size of it..

What other options are there? the factory knobs have a plast snap ring thing at the bottom to attach the boot. Any aftermarket ones have this? If not then what the heck do you do?

Something nice, in leather or leather and CF..

Looks like I will have a titanium shift knob on Ebay soon.. lol
    New Car: 03 Pearl Blue WRX Sedan ~ 18" Volkner Racing hyperblack mesh wheels, Pirelli PNero Zero tires, Prodrive springs, Prodrive shift knob.. for starters

Play car: 1969 LS1 powered Camaro, painted WRX Ralley Blue

See them all here:
    www.z069.us

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I agree, don't like the feel of the titanium. I went with the WRC knob. It's more expensive than the others but it was an anniversary gift. It's very, very nice

Personally, I don't like the momo CF knob. It looks too cheesy. My second choice was the momo air leather which I had planned on getting until my wife surprised me. Happy hunting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sti-shift-knob.jpg  
    I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?"

Originally posted by Ibizan
    I agree, don't like the feel of the titanium. I went with the WRC knob. It's more expensive than the others but it was an anniversary gift. It's very, very nice

Personally, I don't like the momo CF knob. It looks too cheesy. My second choice was the momo air leather which I had planned on getting until my wife surprised me. Happy hunting.
    Whats that logo on it?

Also, does it have the little clip thing for the shift boot? If so then where to get? (I assume its aluminum?)

TIA

i went with the momo race air leather knob. the knob has the same leather as the steering wheel. matches nicely.

unfortunetly there isnt a piece to hold the boot up. i just left it like that. now with my kartboy lever installed it stays right up to the knob.

also the knob doesn't screw on its held by 3 allen heads.

heres a pic of it
    Momo Knob
    Last edited by iceWRX; 05-21-2003 at 12:36 PM.

this is what im gettin..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0300504[1].jpg  
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Have you looked at Kartboy?

http://www.kartboy.com

I have the whole short shifter setup. The shift knob is made of good quality and it looks like the Subaru WRC knob - minus the $100+ price tag.

Originally posted by iceWRX
    i went with the momo race air leather knob. the knob has the same leather as the steering wheel. matches nicely.

unfortunetly there isnt a piece to hold the boot up. i just left it like that. now with my kartboy lever installed it stays right up to the knob.

also the knob doesn't screw on its held by 3 allen heads.

heres a pic of it
    Momo Knob
    I use the Momo knob too it looks really nice, I justify spending so much on a knob by thinking of it as jewelry for the car.
    I too have the KB SS but just to make sure it stays up I used some rubber bands wrapped around the shift lever and then pushed the boot over them, works fine no one knows the rubbers are there.

Originally posted by PKer
    I use the Momo knob too it looks really nice, I justify spending so much on a knob by thinking of it as jewelry for the car.
    I too have the KB SS but just to make sure it stays up I used some rubber bands wrapped around the shift lever and then pushed the boot over them, works fine no one knows the rubbers are there.
    great idea im going to try this as well.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Im going to sell the STi one on Ebay for cheap

And im going to order the Prodrive shift knob.. seems nicely made and not too expensive.

Here it is:
    http://www.fastwrx.com/prodshifknob.html

Now should I get black or silver?????

Originally posted by Steve2000SS
    Now should I get black or silver?????
    That depends. If you plan on getting an STi shifter trim (very cool) then I'd go with the silver since they would compliment one another. If your WRX is WRC blue then I'd get the aluminum with the blue top. My $.02 (and from here in Australia the exchange rate makes it worth even less).

Nice choice BTW.
    Last edited by Ibizan; 05-21-2003 at 09:59 PM.
    I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?"

I just got my Momo Air leather from subydude yesterday. I love it!
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

I don't knw if u guys talked about this, but don't you need an extra adapter to screw the momo race airleather knob? Are all of the above mentioned ones direct bolt-ons?
    Thanks
    WHooOOSH

~ 555 ~

Look at the thread "Just changed my STi shift knob" or something like that. It's directly below this thread now. I described my install. No additional parts required.
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

anyone want to buy my prodrive shift knob.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/attach...?postid=365275
    ~Mark

Mods