Good MTX Remote Starter?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Good MTX Remote Starter? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know of a reliable, fool proof remote start kit for a manual trans? I really need one, but ...

Good MTX Remote Starter?

Does anyone know of a reliable, fool proof remote start kit for a manual trans? I really need one, but I need it to have the proper fail safes so that it won't operate if the car is left in gear.

Thanks
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a few weeks ago i was looking into auto starts, and from what i understand Clifford alarms offer a fail safe with autostarts even when left in gear. of course the brand of alarm might be off cause i wasn't really paying attention when the salesperson said it. (i was too into getting somebody to set up the auto start with my current viper alarm.)

--The non auto start wrx'ed, RaCinWRX

I work at a Lexus dealership and always see problems with remote starters. It seems they all have problems in the long run. I wouldn't get one.

actually, any remote start will work safely with a subaru. subaru actually uses a neutral safety switch on its 5 speeds, which you can catch at the ecu, that wont allow the remote start to work while in gear. i believe clifford also makes a 5 sp specific one, but you have to do a ton of stuff before hand to enable it to start. donnie (i-club) installs viper remote start/alarms all the time on subarus, but unless you are in chicago area, that probably wont help you out at all. and yes, i can see about having problems on a lexus, suabru are not even closely related as far as technology and wiring that some lexus' have. subaru's are one of the easiest vehicles to work on. no antitheft systems, very few ignition wires, and easy to take apart. which also makes them easy to steal

Kevin
    www.subee-sound.com
    Last edited by subee-sound; 03-24-2002 at 03:13 AM.
    www.subee-sound.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.