Question about AC
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question about AC within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I thought I read somewhere that when you turn on the defrost the AC automatically turns. On my car, there ...

Question about AC

I thought I read somewhere that when you turn on the defrost the AC automatically turns. On my car, there is an AC button and it is not lit unless I press it in. If I am using the defrost but the AC light is not on, does this mean that my AC is not engaged?
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it will NOT turn on when the ac is engaged with the defroster..at idle switch the defroster on while the blower is on you will hear your car change rpms from the compressor coming on.

Originally posted by aaronwillen
    it will NOT turn on when the ac is engaged with the defroster
    Yeah, the light will be off, but the A/C will be on. Subaru doesn't trust us with full control of the A/C i guess...
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

tan
    it works as a dehumifier to enhance the defroster's capabilities.

Is there any way to make the A/C blow a little stronger (colder) by replacing the compressor or something?
    '99.5 Silver Audi A4 1.8T Tip
    '03 Black WRX Wagon 5 spd

Originally posted by demos
    Is there any way to make the A/C blow a little stronger (colder) by replacing the compressor or something?
    I suppose you could replace the thermostat that turns the compressor on and off. But I think it would be way more work than its worth.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Is there a way to defeat that feature?
    I want to be in control of the AC. There are times when I want to have the air blowing across the window, but I do not want the AC on. I find that it causes frost on the outside of the window under certain conditions. So I find myself turning the controls from defrost to vent when the window frosts, then back to defrost when it fogs up again. Warm rainy days are the worst, but why run the AC in the winter when all I want is to keep the ice and snow from freezing onto my windshield.
    Thanx,
    CTrexfan

If your winshield is clean the ac doesnt have to be used. Crap on the glass gives moisture a place to collect. There is a way to turn it off. I saw it at http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...ighlight=a%2Fc

good luck
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.