I hate dust.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I hate dust. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm so sick of the dust in my car. There is an air purifier for the WRX isn't there? Anybody ...

I hate dust.

I'm so sick of the dust in my car. There is an air purifier for the WRX isn't there? Anybody know how hard it is to install and how much it costs? Is it worth it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

theres the air filtration dealer option that runs under $100, I have it and i still get dust on the dash and such
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

The filter is $33 from http://www.subaruparts.com/. And here are the instructions (requires Acrobat Reader) http://subaruparts.com/install/2002iairfilt.pdf
    Last edited by bdoug; 05-13-2003 at 08:14 AM.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Originally posted by ebr0t
    theres the air filtration dealer option that runs under $100, I have it and i still get dust on the dash and such
    How soon after you clean the dash do you get noticable dust? It's about 4 to 7 days for me without the filter.

Originally posted by verbal
    How soon after you clean the dash do you get noticable dust? It's about 4 to 7 days for me without the filter.
    i dunno, next time i clean it will check
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by verbal
    The filter doesn't seem to do that much to avoid dust for me. It may cut it down a little... but I have no before and after to compare to.

Limehatless Avatar - I'm a trend scoffer.
    Welcome to the world of owning a black interior car.

Vostok 7
    BUGEYE 4 LYFE! Or uh maybe not

RIP Team Intrinsic Viva la Project 1! http://www.prjct1.com/

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4EAT Aspen White "Akane"
    Mod List, Picts

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sedan Aspen White "Akane II"

tan
    use a swifer dust towels thing to remove the dust...that's the least painful way for me to dust the car

I keep a microfiber towel in the glove box, break it out every time I warm up the engine it seems.

I hear some peeps use those mini ionizer things from sharper image... I've yet to go there but may ask santa for it.

-tp

tan
    I was thinking of the ionic breeze also...so people don't suffer when I pass some gas

...hint...

Ok - i'll be "hints from heloise" and take one for the team...

After giving your dash a good cleaning, take a fabric softener sheet and wipe all surfaces with it. This should reduce the static that attracts the dust.

Use non-scented.

Re: ...hint...

Originally posted by robertln
    Ok - i'll be "hints from heloise" and take one for the team...

After giving your dash a good cleaning, take a fabric softener sheet and wipe all surfaces with it. This should reduce the static that attracts the dust.

Use non-scented.
    Hmm I might try that. Will put it on half the dash and see if I can tell the difference. By the way I have the air filter, it probably helps a little but not as much as I would like. It does help during allergy season though should probably replace mine, been over a year.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.