I installed my shifter trim today. I found that it was a little more labor intensive that I thought. By looking at the trim you would think that all you had to do was drill some hole and bolt it down. Rather I had to cut my center console to fit the piece. Due to the fact I had to cut the console I could no longer use the mounting plate for the shifter boot.
What I did was cut holes in the shifter trim and run the bolts through the holes. I then used a small washer to distribute the pull of the shifter boot. What I found was the new (cheap) shifter boot that I was using was tearing. I then had to move the holes that I made inward to prvent the tearing. So far, so good. I don't know if I'm going to stay with my new shifter boot, or go back to the black one.
I will post pics tomorrow if I can figure out why I cannot D/L pics from my camera.