Gruppe-S Sti Shifter Trim

This is a discussion on Gruppe-S Sti Shifter Trim within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed my shifter trim today. I found that it was a little more labor intensive that I thought. By ...

Gruppe-S Sti Shifter Trim

I installed my shifter trim today. I found that it was a little more labor intensive that I thought. By looking at the trim you would think that all you had to do was drill some hole and bolt it down. Rather I had to cut my center console to fit the piece. Due to the fact I had to cut the console I could no longer use the mounting plate for the shifter boot.

What I did was cut holes in the shifter trim and run the bolts through the holes. I then used a small washer to distribute the pull of the shifter boot. What I found was the new (cheap) shifter boot that I was using was tearing. I then had to move the holes that I made inward to prvent the tearing. So far, so good. I don't know if I'm going to stay with my new shifter boot, or go back to the black one.

I will post pics tomorrow if I can figure out why I cannot D/L pics from my camera.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I installed my STi Shift Trim, I actually used the mounting plate. You have to dremel it down where each hole is so the screw will stick out enough to put the nut on. Mine worked perfectly. Hope that helps.
    '02 WRX/STi

i need help on this
    please reply
    i cant get the sti trim screw on
    where do i screw it on to??? do i take the boot off the plastic ring and then what i do ??????????????