Damn Hard Seats
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Damn Hard Seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Guys, I've just got my new 2002 WRX Wagon and am finding the drivers seat pretty damn hard. Mind you ...

Damn Hard Seats

Guys,

I've just got my new 2002 WRX Wagon and am finding the drivers seat pretty damn hard.

Mind you I'm not a slib fellow 110kg (240lbs) and 5''10".

I'm finding the seats are generally hard on my loweer back say the whole hand span area above where my jeans ride.

Anyone have any solutions for this other than A) Replacing the seats or B) Shrinking my fat ass !!!

I was thinking a lumbar support cushion might be the go.

Anyone else had similar problems.

Cheers
    AntMan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Which seats does the Aussie model come with? Are they the same as the North American version or the JDM?
    Matt (refuse2growup)
    2002 WRX Wagon, Alpine White
    - Kartboy shifter and bushings - Subaru column mounted boost guage - Turbo XS MBC - AEM Cold Air Intake - Flowmaster Axle Back - Whiteline Rear Strut Tower Brace - Whiteline Front Strut Tower Brace - Subaru Sedan Rear Sway Bar - Whiteline solid sway bar end links front & rear - Whiteline ALK - Replica WRC headlights

Antman,

I'm 5'9" and 250lbs. and I love the seats in my WRX. Granted, they could use a bit more lumbar support, they are stiff, but very supportive. Give the seats time to break in and time for you to get used to them. I'm sure they will grow on you. Everybody who sit in my car (driver or passenger seat) comments on how comfortable the seats are. You are the first person that I have ever heard complain!

-Jim

Sorry guys heres a pic of the seats for clarification that we are talking the same seats.

This is the Aussie spec seats. Not sure if you have the same in the US.

Good to hear I'm not the only 'not so skinny guy' driving a WRX

Cheers
    AntMan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrxseat1.jpg  

Nope, your seats are much sportier looking that ours. the US spec ones are very plain looking, but comfy.

Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

HOLY SH*T!!!

those are so much better looking compared to ours. they basically look like a sparco. jim, no offense, but i think you'd hate those.

the us spec seats are pretty awesome though. they are soft as hell, but grip you like velcro. the corners are great in them. i SO wanted leather, but now i know why subaru didn't do it. i'm still debating having to trade the stabilizer bar for the sunroof . spring is coming, and i've never had a sunroof.

dR

Root,

Yeah I found a few pics of US seats. They look a lot more padded and comfy.

The aussie spec seats are more kidney busting type seats. The wrap around the shoulders is nice when you hands are on the wheel and give great lateral support when cornering.

But will sitting at the traffic lights and you take your hands off the wheel , broader shoulders and these seats don't mix!

Theres no lumbar adjustment either!

But they are still way more comfortable than those in the 93 Prelude which the WRX replaced!

Cheers
    AntMan

Dark_Rex,

Yeah they look the goods I must admit

Car Mag reviewers over here commented on the seats being great but for trips of no more than 1 hour at a time!

The padding is very stiff on them. Not a lotta give.

For $2500 AUD you could get the leather interior but the padding on those seats was even harder!!!!

Cheers
    AntMan

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah OZ gets the same Euro Spec seats. Personally I want something like Sparco Corsas or Pro2000s.....who needs seat angle adjust anyway!
    Jim, 250lb at 5'9"? Wow, I thought I was heavy for my height(5'9-10") weighing in at 215lbs from ski-training...you'd be awesome for rugby.

I think we got different seats in the U.S. precisely because Subaru thought we'd be porkier here!

When Dale from the Columbus area here took me for a ride in his Rex.. my 5'8" 180lb as$ felt GREAT in the passanger seat!!

Damn I feel small next to you guys 5'6" 135 lol Maybe I'll get faster 1/4 mile times
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I'm 5'9" and 250lbs.
    Hey, I thought your brother got better E/T times in your car because he was a better driver! Just for argument's sake, how much does he weigh?

I'll trade you with my seats if you're willing to cover shipping. j/k!

bedabi,

My cousin, Carl, who bested my 1/4 mile, weighs in at about 175lbs. He's really thin. I bulked up because of a back injury. I was a lean, mean 200lbs. before. I'm doing cardio-kickboxing and I'm going to start lifting again to get back in shape. Why, you ask? Better 1/4 mile times of course! Oh yeah, and the overall health benefits. I really miss being in good physical condition.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.