Factory Turbo Gauge or Aftermarket - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Factory Turbo Gauge or Aftermarket within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; follow the above link to the installation instructions. It has excellent pictures of it installed. I'm sure the dealer can ...

follow the above link to the installation instructions. It has excellent pictures of it installed.

I'm sure the dealer can install this if you ask them. Some dealers won't touch aftermarket stuff and some will - it really depends. They won't warranty the part, but they will usually warranty their labor.

Your warranty cannot be "voided" as a whole. They can only void the warranty on parts that you replace, or if they can prove that the parts that you replaced caused a problem with another part.

i.e. if you put in a boost controller and blew up your turbo, they could void your warranty on a lot of stuff, but if you replace your muffler, there's not much else it can affect or that they could say.

A mechanical boost guage is a passive device so can't really damage anything, but if it's not hooked up correctly, you could get a boost leak which they could charge you to diagnose and repair if your installation caused it.
    Last edited by RogersWRX; 06-17-2003 at 10:00 AM.
    2002 White "STX" WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

RogersWRX: Hey, I appeciated the help you gave me. One more question though. For '04, the WRX has a red needle now. I don't think Omori offers one with a red needle. Anyway, I opened up another post under "Cockpit and Cabin" looking for this. See: 2004 Turbo Gauge Swap
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

This guy has gauges for all the different years / colors now...

http://www.j-spectuning.com/index.php?cPath=21_24
    Last edited by RogersWRX; 04-19-2005 at 06:44 AM. Reason: bad link

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. I looked there not too long ago and didn't see them. I guess I'm blind. Thanks again.
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

Actually, you're not blind. . . if you read the whole thread, you'll see he just got them in stock, and then just added them the thread after the fact!!

Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by RogersWRX
    yup, you can use the existing power supply and vacuum hose from the factory gauge to install the Omori. Here a link to the installation instructions

http://www.j-spectuning.com/45mm_column.pdf
    dead link.

anyone have these instructions?

dR

Here's the new link to the 'full' install:

http://www.j-spectuning.com/installs/wrxmechboost.pdf

Forgive my noob-ness,
    But, if I didn't get the factory gauge installed, will I have to run additional wires/hoses and/or get a different steering column cover before following the instructions you posted?
    Thanks for your help.

-WOJ

Yes!

aOh
    Jesus Roger your answering everyones problems.. so ill give you mine i want to put on my HKS exaust i ordered awhile ago but im afraid it will void the warranty. I saw that you said It will only affect the exaust part of my warranty. Is that true or did i just goof? Thanks a lot.

aOH, as far as a FULL turboback exhaust, that can get a little difficult as far as warranty, because since you're upping the power of the engine, some dealers will give you trouble if you roast your clutch or toast your engine etc... A lot of this depends on the dealer... If you're just doing a cat-back or axle-back, there's almost nothing to be worried about...

I couldn't find an informative link on this forum, but here's a link to a good thread on another site, hopefully they'll let me post it here: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=111461
    Last edited by RogersWRX; 04-19-2005 at 06:47 AM.

aOh
    Great thank you so much for clarifing for me. I figured it wouldnt be to big of a deal but i was wonderin if there was any specific rules or guidlines. Thanks again Roger for your help.

Roger, Thanks for answering my question, hmmm, I wonder if an aftermarket qauge will come with everything that I need. I guess I have some searching to do...

Well, since Roger's in a question answering mood, I too was wondering about exhaust mods. I think I get the warranty stuff, but what about passing smog? Do you keep the old stuff around and put it back in before the check or do some of the aftermarket ones, (like aOh's HKS) that already pass?

Thanks again,
    -WOJ

Okay... I think this thread has offically been Hijacked !!

To answer your question... If you go turboback without any cats, you will have to replace the stock cat to pass emissions. Some states go with a visual inspection (California) under the car, and even if you have an aftermarket cat, you may want to install the factory back so that they don't give you a hard time.

I would go with a down-pipe with a high-flow metallic substrate cat, so that you can pass emissions and still significantly reduce back-pressure...
    Helix makes a great one for $399 - I have it on my car... love it!
    http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subex/HelDPCat.htm

or Cobb Tuning makes theirs - nice but $$$
    http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/power-i.html#s-downpipe $575
    Last edited by RogersWRX; 04-20-2005 at 08:45 AM.

I just wanted to say thanks for posting the info on how to replace your factory gauge with one that is more readable (psi). I just aquired a 2005 WRX with the turbo guage. I would have never order the car with one, but it came with it so what the heck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.