Broken Air Conditioner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Broken Air Conditioner within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am pissed. My AC stoppped working 2 days ago. I took my car in for service today and asked ...

AC condensor

I am pissed. My AC stoppped working 2 days ago. I took my car in for service today and asked them to look at it. My condensor is toast and they want $899.27 to fix it. They tell me the condensor is the radiator looking thing in front of your radiator. It is all screwed up from road rocks and such. It almost looks like someone took a screw driver to it an poked it all over. The parts are just over $300.

I am pissed, if it is so fragile that it can't handle 95% highway miles I think it is a defect in design. They should sheild it if it can be broken so easily.

I put it in this section because it is the AC, tha should keep me cool inside.

Am I wrong in thinking Subaru or atleast my full extended warranty should fix it? The guy said you shouldnt drive on gravel roads. It has been on a gravel road twice, both going very slow since my son was in the car.

What do you think? Am I being overly sensitive about it?

Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

AC condensor unit

I Support ClubWRX
    That's wrong... I think it should be covered under warranty. If I were you I would try to get the dealer to pay for it, and if not then try another dealer. From personal experience some dealerships are simply just much better and responsible than others.
    Tim
    Admin

yeah exactly what tim said...thats total crap man, there is no way you should shell out that much money for a faulty part.

No body else has had this problem?

Justin

Originally posted by Root
    No body else has had this problem?

Justin
    I've heard of some others. They posted.

Justin, I would get the parts from the dealership and go to a garage that specializes in A/C. It'll be WAY less $.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.