center gauge pod with after market head unit
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on center gauge pod with after market head unit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know some of you have done this, (after market head unit in a center gauge pod) and was wondering ...

center gauge pod with after market head unit

I know some of you have done this, (after market head unit in a center gauge pod) and was wondering where to get the empty gauge pod, what a good price for one is, and how hard it was to install and run the wires...and so on

let me know

Thanks for the help, Liquidsilver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: center gauge pod with after market head unit

Originally posted by Liquidsilver
    I know some of you have done this, (after market head unit in a center gauge pod) and was wondering where to get the empty gauge pod, what a good price for one is, and how hard it was to install and run the wires...and so on

let me know

subaru sells th empty gauge pod for about 60-70 dollars.

Re: center gauge pod with after market head unit

Originally posted by Liquidsilver

let me know

running the wires depends on what wires you're running (i.e. amped head unit, preamp only, preouts, etc.) but it ain't rocket science - once things are sufficiently apart, it's pretty simple.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

I was thinking of putting a flip out tv headunit there (till I checked my bank account )

yeah, we considered going that way, too, but the one problem is sunlight. the LCD's are really hard to see in bright sun. actually, night is a bit of a problem, too, since EVERYONE gets to watch (and therefore know what you have in your car) what you're watching.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Oh, they wanna see a little sum sum, too!
    '89 Ford Bronco, 5.8L - Custom Stereo, Custom Exaust

Future plans to get a WRX.
    Working on it! Hopefully in September.

bambams247
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get a pod that will house either a 7 inch screen, or prefarbaly the alpine m580 (5.8" screen) in there. So it would be completely black, would not flip out, would turn on with a button, and would ahve some protection agains sun because it will have some shade. Anyone ahve done this before. Let me know.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.