'04 Gauge cluster - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on '04 Gauge cluster within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I did ask the guy @ the parts department and he said that the '04 cluster is compatible w/ '03, ...

I did ask the guy @ the parts department and he said that the '04 cluster is compatible w/ '03, '02. He also said that the odmeter is very easy to change for a tunner shop that has the hardware requiered for the job (a few minutes at most), so you would not need to wait to long. He also did not think it would affect the warrenty at least as far as Wilton Subaru was concerned. Just make sure you call and ask your local dealer who they would suggest to do the job, that way your dealing with someone that they believe are reputable. Then there will be no warrenty issuses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also about the STI cluster, he did say that if the redline wasn't the same that there would be problems with warrenty. The '04 WRX redline is the same as '02 and '03 WRX so there would be no problems there. I'm not meaning to be a post ***** I just saw that last comment about it.

Has anybody ever taken the cluster out of their car? I was just thinking that if the odometer has it's own harness and it actually does store the mileage, then maybe you could just switch odometers.

Also, from the pics I've seen, the USDM STi has the same 7K redline that our cars do. Not to mention that the engine RPM limit is controlled by the ECU, not the cluster.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Originally posted by bdoug
    Has anybody ever taken the cluster out of their car? I was just thinking that if the odometer has it's own harness and it actually does store the mileage, then maybe you could just switch odometers.

Also, from the pics I've seen, the USDM STi has the same 7K redline that our cars do. Not to mention that the engine RPM limit is controlled by the ECU, not the cluster.
    I've taken mine out and there isn't a seperate connector for the odometer. It's been a while since I took it out, but there are 2-3 connectors and thats it. One big, two small I think.

Even if the RPM limit is controlled by the ECU, it could void the warranty cause some people might think that since the redline is different, than can push it that far. Which would cause problems if done often. *shrug*

Anybody know where I could order a USDM 2004 gauge cluster?

Call your local dealer. Mine said he didn't have it in his catalog but that he should have it by summertime. The dealer said it was no big deal to set the new clusters odmeter to the correct miles, as long as you take it to someone reputable for around $60. This is going to be a popular mod.

Alright, I've just talked to the tunner shop the Subaru dealer had suggested and they have said that it might not be possible due to wire harness configurations not being compatible. He wasn't 100% sure it wouldn't work, but said that they would need the '04 cluster to see the differences. Sorry for hyping it before talking with them.
    Last edited by Maxitt; 05-17-2003 at 11:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.