Stupid keyless entry problem

This is a discussion on Stupid keyless entry problem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Due to the fact that I am a moron, I have given myself an unnecessary problem with my keyles entry. ...

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.

Stupid keyless entry problem

Due to the fact that I am a moron, I have given myself an unnecessary problem with my keyles entry. I read on this site (I believe from God himself) that a quick way to clear a CEL is to rapidly turn your ignition on and off quickly holding in the brake. I tried this, and my car beeped at me. I was a little startled, so I stopped. When I exited my car, I noticed that neither my keyless entry nor the driver's main doorlock switch were working. I had to go to every door and flip the switch and use my keys to open the door. So I consulted my owner's manual, and I learned that what I did was the beginning procedure to reprogramming my keyless entry system to use, say, a replacement aftermarket one. However, I cannot seem to duplicate the process. Any ideas as to what I should do? Just keep trying? Is there an easier way? Thanks for you help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

unplug the battery to clear the CEL, then just visit the dealership

they will reprogram it for free, just say it messed up on it's own
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar