Headunits

This is a discussion on Headunits within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay I'm thinking about some sort of Alpine CDA around 0, but was wondering how much of an improvement I ...

Headunits

Okay I'm thinking about some sort of Alpine CDA around $300, but was wondering how much of an improvement I will hear? I have the upgraded speaker package, so don't think that I will be needing new speakers, unless somebody with more knowledge in that area knows otherwise. I also have in the trunk a 10" Infinity Reference 1020 with a Kickers amp. Will probably dynamat the stuff that rattles in the summer.
    Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Intake Silencer Mod, Debadged Trunk, 18" P1's Silver, Nitto Tires, Painted Sideskirts, Kartboy Short Throw Shifter, Carbon Fiber Side Markers, Painted Headlights, Eibach Pro Kit, Helix Flex Uppipe, Stromung Shorty Downpipe, Custom 3rd Cat Delete Pipe, Bosal 3" Twin Tip Catback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would assume any Alpine unit would give you more watts then the stock head unit. To me, it seems like the stock head unit puts out actaully more then enough for the stock mid's and high's.

If you were/are going to upgrade the high's and mid's then i'd say definatly get a new head unit with more watts. Unless there is a way to hook up an amp to the stock head unti in a rex (I have no idea on this).

This is just my observation though.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

my stock HU sounds great with my upgrades (amp, speakers, sub). i might upgrade though since i'd like an mp3 player but i probably won't since i just burn cd's off mp3s anyways, its just that this way you only get 20 songs on a cd instead of 150 or whatever if you kept it in mp3 format
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar