Voltage gauge???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Voltage gauge??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a guage pack and wanted to know what the real benefit of the voltage meter is. If there ...

Voltage gauge???

i have a guage pack and wanted to know what the real benefit of the voltage meter is. If there is none, is there some other performance area i can look at.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is no real benefit to having the gauge unless it's real important to know what kinda voltage you are getting

The only gauges that Subaru sells that match are all three that you got. Omori makes some gauges that will fit in the pod and exactly match your dash(green lights, orange needle) but IIRC, the gauge pod units have orange characters on a black face?

If you don't care too much about the match, then spring for an Omori EGT gauge in place of the voltage. It's a much more valuable performance tuning tool.
    -jay
    i drive a jeep n stuff.

I think voltage is a must have for me at least b/c I have a system installed but even for the average driver it lets you know if your battery is being charged properly. If you drop below 12v with the car on you're gonna have some problems. It should read up around 14-14.5 with the car running and 12-12.5 with the car off.
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.