Floor Mat Peg

This is a discussion on Floor Mat Peg within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was so sick of the damn floor mat on the driver's side sliding up all the time so I ...

Floor Mat Peg

I was so sick of the damn floor mat on the driver's side sliding up all the time so I decided to slide a paper clip into the little slots in the floor map peg thingy. It certainly held the floor mat in place alright... for a while, until the damn peg ripped right out of the floor carpet!! Now I have a floor mat that still slides up and a hole in my floor. By the way, that paper clip is still firmly in place and is still holding the peg to the mat, without the peg being held to the floor... I'm so dumb.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for warning me, I was going to try that

These floor mats suck
    Renn

I Support ClubWRX
    My mat has never come off the peg... what the heck are you doing in your car that this happens?!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Hahaha... nothing... just driving. I wouldn't mind a few other things going on in the car though.. hehe... but anyway, it must just be the way I use my feet. When I got my first car, my parents had it for about 10 years and had no problem with the floormats. In about a year or 2 after I had it, I had worn a hole right through the floor mat with my heel. People are always pointing out that I have big feet, so maybe that's it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually, my girlfriend has a matt in her accord that is forever moving around.... and she has tiny feet. I dunno what it is about how she drives. Very strange that you get the matt to move enough that it comes off the peg....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Mine comes off the peg in less than five minutes. Every time I get in the car I have to retrieve it from under the pedals.
    Renn

Hmmm... I've never had my driver's side floor mat move on me... The passenger floor mat "flips up" when I get an especially good launch at the dragstrip though!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'