Eclipse headunits

This is a discussion on Eclipse headunits within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I noticed few people on this board recommend or use Elicpse decks. I personally have found the clarity and clean ...

Eclipse headunits

I noticed few people on this board recommend or use Elicpse decks. I personally have found the clarity and clean music it produces to be superior to the Alpines, Pioneers, Sony, and Kenwoods I've used. Does everyone else think they don't measure up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had an Eclipse in my Accord. Great sound quality. Definitely ranks up near the top.

I have everything I want right now for mobile audio, except for a new head unit. I know which one I want, but I just can't afford it right now...

Single DIN 6 disc pre-amp Eclipse unit...

Pretty damn sweet setup... I think it has a 5 amp out on it?.. Compared to 2 amp on most other receivers...

I agree though, I don't understand why more people don't talk about Eclipse's...

I had a 55040 eclipse head unit in my s-10 and since I had that deck I wont buy anything else. Yeah it doesnt have all of the fancy looking **** on the screen but I concider myself a sound quality person when it comes to my stereo equipment.

Eclipse is a great h/u to go with....if not them, then i would go with Alpine..wouldnt go w/ anything else. sound quality on both units is great for units sold on the market.

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

whenever i tell people about my mostly eclipse/boston setup, most of them think its sucks. for some reason absolutely nobody knows about eclipse. i love my eclipse 3422 HU. It doesnt have a flashy sh#t on the front, but the sound quality is amazing.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Alpine, Eclipse, Pioneer are $ head units. I have a Pioneer that I love, but the other two brands are great too. 5 pre-amp outputs on that Eclipse, wyowrx? I find that hard to believe unless it's really expensive. My expensive DEH-P8400MP has 3 pre-amp outputs which should be plenty for any system.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I have an old Pioneer DEH-M88 and it has really good sound quality. Other good decks to look at besides Eclipse are Nakamichi and McIntosh, both not flashy but excellent sound quality and worth the price.

Eclipse is the best. No question. I've had two, and loved them both. Got one in my truck right now, top notch clarity (8v outs). Makes sitting in my WRX with just the premium sound system a little lame.
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    ..5 pre-amp outputs on that Eclipse, wyowrx? I find that hard to believe..
    I think he meant a 5 amp pre-out.
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)

a 5 volt pre-out?
    - F r a n z

I believe he meant 5 Volt. No amps on the Eclipses.
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

bambams247
    WOWOWOW! PowerOfFour. Alpine si definetly not comaprable with those other crap head units. It is definetly on of the top head units and mobile audio/video products. I use Alpine now and its the ebst from what I ahve used in the past. I had an eclpise sub, those blow like a hooker on a saturday nite. (that means easily and alot). I ahd a sony, kenwood, panasonic, and pioneer head units. They all suck ass and I would never buy them again. I have an alpine CDA-9815 head unit right now and it sounds AMAZING! Alpine is definetly the wya to go guys, trust me. I am re-doing my whole system now with all Alpine items all around. I have a clarion amp right now, ti works great for my 4ch but its very expensive. Ill elt you guys know how it all works out.

A lot of it is just preference, too. Different manufacturers have different features and their own "signature" sort of. This mostly applies to speakers. Listen to a few different manufacturers and go with what you like the best.
    - F r a n z

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: Eclipse headunits

Originally posted by PowerOfFour
    I noticed few people on this board recommend or use Elicpse decks. I personally have found the clarity and clean music it produces to be superior to the Alpines, Pioneers, Sony, and Kenwoods I've used. Does everyone else think they don't measure up?
    What about Blaupunkt? That's what I have and the signal to noise ratio(108db) is better than Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, and Kenwood.. I don't know about the Eclipse though.

It has 4 four volt pre-amp outputs which is all I'll need, and the digital 5-band parametric EQ works great.