High end car alarm
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on High end car alarm within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Guys, I know that there has been quite a bit of discussion about the factory car alarm. It is OK ...

Question High end car alarm?

Guys,

I know that there has been quite a bit of discussion about the factory car alarm. It is OK for me at the moment, but I want to put in a really nice stereo, wheels, and lots of other things that are going to attract attention. I live in a gated community, but I don't want to worry when I am out on the town, or on a road trip, or something.

I am willing to spend $500+ dollars. I want a very good alarm. I want 2-stage remote locking and trunk release, but I do not care about remote starting or paging. I would prefer to install it myself, just to take the time to do it carefully and hide everything well. If I knew a truly great installer in the southeast, then I would not mind taking it to them. However, I do not want to deal with the average shop, too many horror stories.

I had a low-end DEI alarm on my last beater, but died after a few years. People have mentioned Alpine. Laptop programmable has definite cool points. I am thinking about getting an Alpine stereo, but I doubt that there is any advantage to having the same brand stereo and alarm. I have seen really crazy alarms on high-end cars that fold the mirrors, and even have their own cellphone. It calls you, and then you can yell at the theives over a second handsfree kit - not the main one you use when driving. Nifty, but way more than I need.

So back to the main question, what/where do I need to get - or is there an awesome installer in FL/GA/AL that I should just go to?
    Last edited by Renn; 05-07-2003 at 07:52 AM.
    Renn

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.