Who has a high end stereo?

This is a discussion on Who has a high end stereo? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What do you guys install in your cars? My car has the factory Premium sound w/sub, and I'm not very ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Arrow Who has a high end stereo?

What do you guys install in your cars? My car has the factory Premium sound w/sub, and I'm not very impressed. I have a Blaupunkt Casablanca CD51 sitting on my desk, but I have become very attached to the 6 disk in-dash . I was thinking about getting an amp, a digital EQ, and replacing my door speakers with some good componet speakers. I'm just afraid it won't get the quality I'm looking for hooked up like that.. I don't want tons of bass or anything, I'm all about the quality of the sound.

What should I do? Should I install my Blaupunkt HU and replace the front door speakers with better ones (I was orrigionally planning on getting Infinity Kappa 60.5cs speakers, but now I see people here are talking up the MB Quart line of speakers, are they really better?) If I did this should I still get an amp for the front door speakers? Or would the 50watts from the HU be enugh? Then what about back door speakers and the sub? I don't want to spend too much, I just want this thing to sound good & loud

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Personally I despise car audio as a result of having installed 100 Billion stereos, but I do know that the speakers will sound OK w/the HU's 50watts, but once you hook up an amp you will be very impressed, its quite worth the money. The mids are stronger and the tweets will peak noticably louder and cleaner.

ive got KENWOOD MP3 player deck, HiFONICS power 1000w amp for my 15" JL w6 sub. bazooka rears and polks up front with stock tweets, powered by a ROCKFORD Fosgate PUNCH 600 a4 amp. and a digital comp. but i need to dynomat my car cause i rattles way TOO much!

REPLACE SPEAKERS ASAP

Stock speakers are among some of the worst I've seen in any new car. I kept my stock 6 disk changer because I like the stock look and I like the fact that a thief looking in will think my system is stock.

For Speakers I bought the high end component speakers by Rockford Fosgate for the front doors, and for the back doors I put in the RF normal/mid quality speakers. My RF 500 watt amp powers the front speakers and my RF 10" sub in my trunk, and the stock stereo powers the speakers in the back. If sound and music is important to you (it is to me), then a sound system upgrade is a must.

b.