Locations I selected for Omori oil temperature and pressure senders.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Locations I selected for Omori oil temperature and pressure senders. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For my oil temperature sender I chose the same location that STR8OUT did for his oil pressure sender. There is ...

Locations I selected for Omori oil temperature and pressure senders.

For my oil temperature sender I chose the same location that STR8OUT did for his oil pressure sender. There is a solid plug in the oil gallery just below the compressor outlet and the intake (near the PCV) that can be removed and a Subaru Gallery Plug with a 1/8 PT hole tapped into it - P/N 11024AA210.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oiltempsender01.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Another angle looking from the front of the car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oiltempsender04.jpg  

My Omori oil pressure sender comes with a remote mount hose. I chose to mount this in the same location as the stock oil pressure idiot light switch is. There is already a 1/8 PT gallery plug in that location. I chose this location so that when I get a T fitting I can put both my after market and idiot light switch in this same location.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oilpressuresender01.jpg  

This location is just behind and to the left of the alternator as you look at the front of the car. Please note to always disconnect the battery ground whenever you remove the alternator hot wire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oilpressuresender02.jpg  

How good are the readings from the temperature gauge? I was worried that mounting on top of the engine wouldn't give me accurate readings since the probe wouldn't be sumberged in the oil.

The readings are dead on with the stock Lameco oil gauge temp. gauge.

At 90 celsius in the oil pan the oil gallery is reading 195 fahrenheit.

Under pressure the temperature sender is submerged.

No problems with the oil temp sender not being grounded? Or does it not need to be....
    '12 WRB Sedan

I am almost positive it has its own ground wire through the gauge connection. If it was a type that had to be through the sender, why wouldn't it be? It is in direct contact with the gallery bushing which is in direct contact with the block. It is working fine so must be grounded.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.