Best Headunit under $500 ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best Headunit under 0 ? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just wanted to check with you guys and find out whats the best head unti i could get for ...

Best Headunit under $500 ?

i just wanted to check with you guys and find out whats the best head unti i could get for under $500 dollars? What brand do you prefer or is good....ie Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion, Sony, Panasonic, etc?? Thanks
    [SLEEPER]
    [noun] A high performance street car with an inconspicuous, stock outward appearance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hmm while youre at it............what kind of 12in subs that will hit hard....and amp......thanks
    [SLEEPER]
    [noun] A high performance street car with an inconspicuous, stock outward appearance.

I've had Clarion and Alpine, both are great.

Before you worry about the price, what do you want from the head unit? You just going for looks?

As far as subs go, lots are nice and do the job. My personal choice for subs have always been JL's, likewise with amp's too. PPI is another good brand of amp, although I miss their art series.

Lastly, there are a lot of of head unit's you can get for less then $500, but subs+amp(s)+head unit for less then $500? Might be tough.

Personally - I have 3 JL w-10's, JL 500/1 amp & JL 300/2 amp with the LCD+DVD head unit (seperate), XR's all the way around. It works for me.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

do you have any pics of your setup? i was just saying 500 for the headunit........i know a system would cost me more for sure at least 1000 for something good.........that means amp and subs......but im going for sound..looks would ocme second......thanks
    [SLEEPER]

That system was in my previous car. I still have it, just need to install in in my rex now. I'll take some pics when I get it installed.

If you're looking at $1,000 for a system, that is do-able. What kind of music do you listen to? To me, that determines what size sub (and sometimes what brand) to choose for your application.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Hmm, i listen to a lil bit of everything.........i guess in my case i wouldnt really need a system........but you know......hehe......hmm lets get back to whats a good headunit for 500 bucks heheh
    [SLEEPER]

For 500 bones, I'd get an alpine headunit, or a phatty pioneer with 2 12" JL subs. MY GOD does JL f'n r0xrz!!!

Oh yeah, make sure to get a bandpass or ported box...

And for the amp, either rockford or JL... If you got the dough, you got tha hoe

So DO IT!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

haha, alpine and pioneer sounds really good right now.............show me some pics of your pimpin car man.haha
    [SLEEPER]

Re: Best Headunit under $500 ?

Originally posted by sexyrex
    whats the best head unti i could get for under $500 dollars?
    My used one...Pioneer DEH-P930 - $225. Its the one w/the blue display and the movies and such.

hehe......umm i want a dvd player now.....grrrr damn those flashy LCD
    [SLEEPER]

Originally posted by sexyrex
    hehe......umm i want a dvd player now.....grrrr damn those flashy LCD
    Hahahahahahahaha
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Well, if you just want a stereo to have one, then I guess anything will work.

I used to work at a stereo place, and really can't give an opinion if you are unsure what you want from the stereo and/or what kind of music you listen to.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    Alpine man, Alpine. I got the CDA-7876, which is an older model, i got it over 2 years ago, AWESOME deck. you can find it on ebay for like 100$ new. Whatever you choose, go Alpine. As far as subs go, the bigger the size, the deeper the bass. I have a 15 that used to be in my CL, and that thing will just CRUSH out the bass so low you can only feel it in your throat. Of course, it doesn't hit the mids as well as an 8, or a 10. Most people go the creamy middle route and get a couple of 12's. My 15, amp, cap, optima battery, and all wiring are for sale too. PM me if interested. sorry for hijacking

Kenwood, Clarion, Alpine....a high end deck from any of them will be good...it pretty much comes down to preference. I've always been an Alpine guy so that would be my recommedation. The sub you choose really depends on what type of sound you're looking for. Do you want deep loud bass? Tight hard hitting bass? A very good all around sub is the JL W6 in a sealed box. I'd go with Rockford power series amps and Boston pro separates....but dont forget...this all cost a lot of money
    '04 STI Silver

thanks for the input, ive always liked pioneer and alpine............but lets see now...........what kind of lcd would you guys get? I am interested in that also.
    [SLEEPER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast