safety stickers on sun visor

This is a discussion on safety stickers on sun visor within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; has anyone taken the safety stickers off the sun visors? if you have how did you get them off? i ...

safety stickers on sun visor

has anyone taken the safety stickers off the sun visors? if you have how did you get them off? i was going to try using a hair dryer to get them off. any suggestions? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

www.scubiemods.com ( I hope I spelled it right) has a write up on how to do it.

basically you use some goo-off and a tooth brush.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

Link didn't work for me and I still cannot get them off!

No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

thanks for the links. looks like it takes time to get those suckers off.

Yeah, I was going to try the hair dryer thing myself, just haven't gotten around to it. Still might try it over this.
    Seems like a pita.

hey guys... i took mine off. it took some time because it really helps to let the stuff soak. i didnt have any kind of pad to rub with, but i used a tooth brush and my fingernail.... you have to go over it a few times... first to get the paint off, then to get the base underneath the paint off. just put some on and spread it around and let it soak. 5 or 10 mins later come back and go at it to get off what you can. then put some more on and let it soak some more.
    the visor will stretch out a bit, but just wash it off really well with soap and water, and then dry it under a book or something like that.... it will shrink back up. the only other thing i noticed is that they smell faintly from the goof off for about about a week afterward, but this smell faded after that.
    there is faint residue left on the outer edge of my visors, but its hardly noticeable...
    just make sure to do this outside or something... i got really lightheaded from that goof off stuff. any questions? shoot me a PM...
    o-|-<) bryan
    Last edited by Wrinkleboi; 05-03-2003 at 05:03 PM.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

using a hair dryer, the above link info, or some other way?

zapix... i posted prematurely by accident and had to go back and add all the info. i used goof off and pretty much followed the directions on scoobymods.com. my ammendments to the procedure are posted above
    o-|-<) bryan
    p.s. i'm definitely happy with the results... its not absolutely perfect, but its not far off either, and it beats a bright yellow square in the corner of your eye when you are driving...

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Hey, I'm trying to find the thread where the guy posted a picture of a sticker he got from a vendor that looks like the warning stickers, but says something like "Warning: turbo may cause women to lose clothing..." or something like that. It was pretty funny. Anyone know who that was, or what the thread was?

they are usually for sale on ebay, i dont know where else to specifically find them. i think it says "warning, this car is equipped with a turbocharger...."
    o-|-<) bryan

www.TriStateTuners.com

Thanks Byan! Yeah, I don't think it's worth $7.99, but at least I've got a picture of it now and I can work from there

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting