anyone have alarm that pages you?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on anyone have alarm that pages you? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Trying to find a alarm that has a remote that will vibrate to alert you of a brake in. I ...

anyone have alarm that pages you?

Trying to find a alarm that has a remote that will vibrate to alert you of a brake in. I know there are a few out there, just curious what you guys are using and how you like them. Do any of them have a turbo timer function? I know most of them have auto start.

Please post your opinions and price for the best alarm.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am buying an STI and have been doing some research from another board but have no real decision yet on what I will do. One big deciding factor in NJ is the fact that Lojack that does have some remote capabilities in their extra upgrade package & can save me about 25% on my insurance, which in NJ is a killer. I am a really good driver, but the STI is still going to kill my rates. Basic Lojack can run about $600 and the upgrade about $300. Other companies mentioned are compustar that can have a pager, info at www.compustar.org. Also someone mentioned a company with info at www.trackmenow.com that will page you and has GPS but I never looked into it. Hope this stuff helps. I understand that Alpine also has some stuff, but I don't know about the pager stuff, which admittedly seems a big part lately.SFRinNJ

There's a good deal on Clifford Matrix RS3's on Nasioc.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=351419

Way LCD remote confirms all commands, with easy to understand icons plus text. Monitor your vehicle’s status at all times. Responder alerts you when your alarm is sounding, even if you’re too far away to hear it. Extreme range – up to a quarter mile under optimum conditions. Responder beeps to confirm – vibrate mode too.

What it is:
    It's a Security Pager and FCC-legal 2-Way Remote. Get confirmation back from every command you send. Only transceivers with 66-bit Clone-Safe Code-Hopping!

What it does:
    Protects your vehicle and starts your engine with the push of a button.
    Full featured vehicle security system.
    Confirms all commands with easy-to-understand icons with text.
    Alerts you to security system alarm events by beeping or vibrating when system is triggered.
    Lets you keep track of vehicle status.
    Remote Start* Features:
    Remote Start Convenience
    Safety Shut Down
    Timer Mode <--- Turbo Timer feature
    Complete Engine Monitoring
    Anti-Grind
    Engine Checking
    High-Capacity Relay Satellite
    Tach/Voltage Checking
    Security Features:
    High-Output Mini Neo Siren
    Failsafe® Starter Kill
    Forced Passive Arming
    Active/Passive Arming
    Progressive Door Trigger
    True AlarmTM Technology
    Stinger® DoubleGuard® Shock Sensor
    Clone-Safe® Super Code Hopping–266 Codes
    Nuisance Prevention® Circuitry (NPC)
    LED Status Indicator
    Silent ModeTM
    Learn Routine
    Ignition Controlled Door Locks
    Soft Chirp
    Secondary Warning Zone
    Remote Controlled Valet® Mode
    Bitwriter® Compatible
    Parking Light Flash
    Panic Mode
    State-of-the-Art Remote Transceiver with Responder Technology:
    Optimum Range and Reliability
    Bright, Easy-to-Read LCD Screen
    Vibrate Mode (The remote works as a real time pager to inform you the status of your WRX!!!)
    23 Different Icon/Text Messages

When it talks about relay satellite, are we talking GPS for tracking if all else fails and someone takes off with the car? What about the install? Is it complicated, or does the dealer have to do it and then turn around and charge us? But the extras seem like a great buy if the price is to be believed from the site.SFRinNJ

Can you use that alarm on a manual trans? I thougt it was automatic only.

cnk
    I'm one of the people that's going to buy one if the GB gets off the ground. . .probably get one anyways even if it doesn't. I think I'm going to attempt the install myself. It doesn't look too difficult and I'll probably do a better install myself than some teenager working at Best Buy. . .no offense to anyone on the board that works there. I've been reading up on the install and you can set up the remote start to work without much difficulty.

Calvin

palaban and SFRinNJ- thanks for the links.

I like the Clifford alarm, looks like everything I want for a good price.

bump
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Does anyone know the remote range on the clifford? How about the TT feature, is it a preset time or can you change it?

The compustar 2W55 is 1.25 miles and the 2WFM is 1/4 mile.

I'm still looking into the Lojack system. In the state of NJ we get killed with car insurance and the STI is going to send them higher. And I am at the good driver rating. Lojack, and I am sure some of the others as well can save on insurance, but Lojack advertises 25% off so I am looking into it. There new upgrades has pager capabilities,but I don't have any information yet on the distance. Their web site said that you can set it up so that if the car is stolen, once it is moving you can arrange to have pager or email, or phone notification. Probably cost a pretty penny, on the other hand nice if you work in a town and the car is parked in a lot and the car is stolen, once it is moving you would be notified. SFRinNJ

Im working out a deal to buy a bunch of Compustar alarms Ill let everyone know what the pricing is ( if anyone cares )

cnk
    I ended up finding another retailer and bought a Viper 790XV for $260 shipped. The Viper 790XV is the same unit as the Clifford Matrix RS3. If anyone is interested, I'll post the email contact up.

Calvin

I was thinking about the lojack system, because I already have the tracker installed - but their early warning only activates if the car is moved, and I'm more concerned about someone breaking a window and stealing my stuff.
    I may get this Aladdin a2000 , but I've yet to hear many reviews on it, so I'm unsure. Sadly, the TT function is only for international models.

bleuquila...a few weeks ago I bought that Aladdin system off someone on here and it's never been installed it. With my car in the shop from my accident and the bills pilling up from it, I'm thinking of selling it really cheap if you're interested.
    It's not a damn beanbag!

Thumbs up

cool. PM'd ya.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.