Does anyone have an aftermarket head unit with stock speakers?

This is a discussion on Does anyone have an aftermarket head unit with stock speakers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; As you all would probly ageree the stock stero sucks in my wrx. I am want to chang that, and ...

Does anyone have an aftermarket head unit with stock speakers?

As you all would probly ageree the stock stero sucks in my wrx. I am want to chang that, and was wondering how much better, if any the sound is if you keep the stock speakers and get a nice after market head unit. (probably an Alpine)

I also have 2 10's and a 400 watt amp that i need to hook up. Rather than run an inline converter I think it would be better if i would buy a new Alpine head unit and use the RCA jacks.

Do you think that if i keep the stock speakers and buy a new head unit and hook up my subs it will sound good?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Liquidsilver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I basically have the same setup as you described...aftermarket HU (pioneer in my case) with stock speakers but a 300W amp powering (2) 10"ers in the back of the wagon. I don't listen to music at full out volume, but I have had no complaints with sound quality

I went the other route by changing the stock speakers first. I got JL separates in the front and a LOC so I could hook up my Basslink and got much better sound over stock. I eventually swapped out the stock deck too, but I would recommend changing the speakers first if you want better sound for little $.

I went the other route by changing the stock speakers first. I got JL separates in the front and a LOC so I could hook up my Basslink and got much better sound over stock. I eventually swapped out the stock deck too, but I would recommend changing the speakers first if you want better sound for little $.
    I'm thinking about going this route also. I am going to add my own aftermarket amps (and sub ) but keep the stock deck. Unless someone knows of a fake stock deck face to cover an aftermarket unit.

My only complaint about the stock deck (for now) is my radio reception sucks.
    Last edited by demos; 05-02-2003 at 12:59 PM.
    '99.5 Silver Audi A4 1.8T Tip
    '03 Black WRX Wagon 5 spd