Does anyone have an aftermarket head unit with stock speakers?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Does anyone have an aftermarket head unit with stock speakers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; As you all would probly ageree the stock stero sucks in my wrx. I am want to chang that, and ...

Does anyone have an aftermarket head unit with stock speakers?

As you all would probly ageree the stock stero sucks in my wrx. I am want to chang that, and was wondering how much better, if any the sound is if you keep the stock speakers and get a nice after market head unit. (probably an Alpine)

I also have 2 10's and a 400 watt amp that i need to hook up. Rather than run an inline converter I think it would be better if i would buy a new Alpine head unit and use the RCA jacks.

Do you think that if i keep the stock speakers and buy a new head unit and hook up my subs it will sound good?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Liquidsilver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I basically have the same setup as you described...aftermarket HU (pioneer in my case) with stock speakers but a 300W amp powering (2) 10"ers in the back of the wagon. I don't listen to music at full out volume, but I have had no complaints with sound quality

I went the other route by changing the stock speakers first. I got JL separates in the front and a LOC so I could hook up my Basslink and got much better sound over stock. I eventually swapped out the stock deck too, but I would recommend changing the speakers first if you want better sound for little $.

I went the other route by changing the stock speakers first. I got JL separates in the front and a LOC so I could hook up my Basslink and got much better sound over stock. I eventually swapped out the stock deck too, but I would recommend changing the speakers first if you want better sound for little $.
    I'm thinking about going this route also. I am going to add my own aftermarket amps (and sub ) but keep the stock deck. Unless someone knows of a fake stock deck face to cover an aftermarket unit.

My only complaint about the stock deck (for now) is my radio reception sucks.
    Last edited by demos; 05-02-2003 at 01:59 PM.
    '99.5 Silver Audi A4 1.8T Tip
    '03 Black WRX Wagon 5 spd

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.