Carbon Dash Kits
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Carbon Dash Kits within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone installed an aftermarket CF dash kit yet? Not the fake stuff, the real CF. I've seen a few out ...

Carbon Dash Kits

Anyone installed an aftermarket CF dash kit yet? Not the fake stuff, the real CF. I've seen a few out on the net, but haven't seen any installed pics yet.

-- Rich

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just ordered one from Miratrim. It's a 28 piece and cost me $195 (that includes shipping). I'll let you know.
    Platinum sedan with:
    TurboXS Stage II - TurboXS unichip and downpipe and catback, Godspeed uppipe, TurboXS Type H BOV, silencer removed, carbon fiber dash kit (real), H&R springs, 17" Prodrive P1's Anthracite, Foglight mod with no Daytime, and 20% tint

This might sound odd, but does anyone know of a burlwood/rosewood dash kit for the WRX? I like the look of it in some higher end vehicles, and I think it could also look good in the WRX if done tastefully...

-Pace

I just ordered one from Miratrim. It's a 28 piece and cost me $195 (that includes shipping). I'll let you know.
    Post some pics when you get it in. $195 is a very good price. IPT Dash Kits is only 21 pieces and is $280.

-- Rich

i ended up getting the factory CF..yeah..probably not real..but i really like it compared to the stock silver lining. Hmm..i forget how much it was too..probably too much hehe
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd have to admit that I am tired of the silver dash... it's so cheap looking.

-- Rich

This will be a good time to try attachments. Here (hopefully and if not, could use some help) is the schematic of the 28 pieces. I'm hoping to get it by the week's end...after I install, I'll take some real-time photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails subaru%20impreza%20wrx%202002.jpg  
    Platinum sedan with:
    TurboXS Stage II - TurboXS unichip and downpipe and catback, Godspeed uppipe, TurboXS Type H BOV, silencer removed, carbon fiber dash kit (real), H&R springs, 17" Prodrive P1's Anthracite, Foglight mod with no Daytime, and 20% tint

Thumbs up

Sorry crappy pictures but my buddy is in the process of installing his dash kit...these pictures do no justice though its really sweet looking in person. Think he got his off ebay paid around $190. His layout is exactly like your rx4pain maybe its the same kit?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...9903oUpkGgqIfw

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...0011crJrfsZZow
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

I'm sure it is the same kit Greg. I actually went to Ebay the other day and just did a search of "WRX" and read all the auctions. There were two manufacturers of such dash kits and I emailed both stating that I wanted more info as to their completeness and to buy like "now!" I heard back from Miratrim and got the pieces diagram. I'm relieved to see those pictures you posted. I looked at my interior and tried to imagine how it would look - fearing that maybe the additional material may stand too high or have a defined ridge. Thanks for those pics!
    Platinum sedan with:

I'm convinced... Mine's ordered.

Thanks rx4!

-- Rich

Did anyone get the Aqua color from Miratrim? It is the first carbon fiber choice on their samples page. Does that have a little blue in it? If so, would it match the interior of the WRX well, and for that matter, the exterior color of WRB? Or should I get the blue/black, or is the blue just lame and I should go with basic black?

M

Blue/black carbon fiber looks SWEET! Matches the interior well
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

Hey, where'd you order the MiraTrim from? I checked www.miratrim.com but you can't order from there, and google doesn't list any sites for miratrim.

M

i ended up getting the factory CF..yeah..probably not real..but i really like it compared to the stock silver lining

i agree. the plastic looked too cheap. the CF had a nice shine, and darkened the interior nicely as opposed to that sharp contrast. it just brought a lot of attention to itself.

thos aftermarket kits do look cool, but I can't justify the cost of the grill i want if i have the factroy stuff. even if it's not real...

dR

Does anyone have any more pics? Please???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast