Carbon Dash Kits - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Carbon Dash Kits within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; That's a great picture Rich! I like your white faced gauges too. I never knew how much a clock would ...

That's a great picture Rich! I like your white faced gauges too. I never knew how much a clock would be missed - I like that piece around the clock and wish I could have used it.

Good job on this thread Rich!
    Platinum sedan with:
    TurboXS Stage II - TurboXS unichip and downpipe and catback, Godspeed uppipe, TurboXS Type H BOV, silencer removed, carbon fiber dash kit (real), H&R springs, 17" Prodrive P1's Anthracite, Foglight mod with no Daytime, and 20% tint

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those are the Indiglo gauges. It's my opinion that white faced gauges & CF dash is very hot. They are on sale now at procarpars.com for like $45. I paid $65.

That boost gauge of mine HAS to go... that was one of my first mods on my car and was a BAD idea. Luckily it's only one screw in the column piece. Once it's gone, I can fill that hole w/ a black screw.

-- Rich

Does anyone have the brushed aluminum kit? I'm considering that getting that one but only if I can find real brushed aluminum.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

iptdashkits.com and miratrim.com both have the titanium/aluminum kits. Check them out.

-- Rich

Thanks Rich, the aluminum kit that iptdashkits has is very nice, and it's real aluminum. I'm just not in to the whole carbon fiber look.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

To each their own... do us a favor though, when you do get an aluminum or titanium kit start a new thread with some pictures. We'd all be interested in seeing that.

I've got a friend with an Accord that has a similar kit. Looks bad-ass in his car. I liked it.

-- Rich

DUI
    I have an aluminum dash kit in my stang. I'm not the biggest fan of the CF look but you guys pull it off in the WRX nicely.

When/if I get my WRX I'll probably go aluminum or titanium. But I'm starting to really like the CF on the WRx...

-jake

Has anyone seen the woodgrain trim in person? The misses is getting a red WRX and the woodgrain sounds like it would match well. Or since the interior is black should she stay with the carbin fiber?

Please help me, I suck!

Alright, guys. I f'd up one piece of the carbon fiber dash that goes on the glove box. Anyone know how to remove and reapply safely without ruining everything?

Yikes! I'd say to whip out a headgun and get it as hot as you can without melting the dash. Then carefully pry it off. You might not be able to use the 3M adhesive again, but I'm sure you can come up with an alternative.

Let me know how it goes.

-- Rich

Originally posted by vcarbs
    Has anyone seen the woodgrain trim in person? The misses is getting a red WRX and the woodgrain sounds like it would match well. Or since the interior is black should she stay with the carbin fiber?
    I'm also interested in going the woodgrain route. Start a new thread and post pics if you do it. Thanks!

-Pace

Miratrim
    IPT Dashkits
    Exoticwooddash.com

Does anybody know of any others that carry trim kits (either CF or woodgrain) for the WRX?

-Pace

There is one more company that I know of. Tora Sport. http://www.torasport.com/. The WRX kit might not be on their website, but give them a call. I read somewhere they are now making kits for our cars.

Check them out...

-- Rich
    Last edited by BigRich; 03-25-2002 at 09:19 AM.

bump...tempting

STI trim

anyone get the CF trim and have the STI shifter trim? Wondering if the trim would have to be trimmed first?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.