Carbon Dash Kits - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Carbon Dash Kits within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just e-mail me the picture (webmaster@importdesigns.com). I've got lots of cool tools here to manipulate images. I'll then send you ...

Just e-mail me the picture (webmaster@importdesigns.com). I've got lots of cool tools here to manipulate images. I'll then send you the new image and post it here.

-- Rich

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Rich - I'll do that, but now I'm at work and the picture is 28 miles away.
    Platinum sedan with:
    TurboXS Stage II - TurboXS unichip and downpipe and catback, Godspeed uppipe, TurboXS Type H BOV, silencer removed, carbon fiber dash kit (real), H&R springs, 17" Prodrive P1's Anthracite, Foglight mod with no Daytime, and 20% tint

RX4Pain sent me the pictures. The quality isn't bad. Just changed the compression & rotated a couple of them around.

6-Pictures in all:

Here's (1/6)

-- RIch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon 1.jpg  

Here's (2/6)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon 10.jpg  

Here's (3/6)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon 12.jpg  

Here's (4/6) -- not too impressed with the vent pieces. Wish they covered the whole thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon 13.jpg  

Here's (5/6)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon 7.jpg  

Here's (6/6) -- last one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon 9.jpg  

Thanks BigRich for posting those. The kit is nice - as far as the carbon fiber and fit go. Remember, it was $195 shipped, and yes I too wish that some of the pieces were bigger and covered more, but I guess for the price it's really good. The polyurethane is quality and glossy - maybe too glossy. It doesn't restrict the view or quality of the fiber. Too, the 3M adhesive on the back is a little padded, so it is raised slightly. But the fit is good so only when it's laying flat, like directly above the glove box (that little thin strip) and around the vents is it noticeable. For the price and quality, especially based on others out there, I would say this is a great buy if you're looking for this sort of accessory.
    Platinum sedan with:
    TurboXS Stage II - TurboXS unichip and downpipe and catback, Godspeed uppipe, TurboXS Type H BOV, silencer removed, carbon fiber dash kit (real), H&R springs, 17" Prodrive P1's Anthracite, Foglight mod with no Daytime, and 20% tint

Does anyone else think that they CF lining is tacky?

It looks too shiny. Kinda like when people put tin foil around their door edges

My .02
    2004 Java Black WRX - so close to stage two, I can taste it.

Originally posted by wonny
    Does anyone else think that they CF lining is tacky?

It looks too shiny. Kinda like when people put tin foil around their door edges

My .02
    If you're gonna make silly comments like this take them elsewhere
    Last edited by Root; 03-05-2002 at 09:57 PM.
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

no, i don't think it looks tacky.

i think the plastic attempt to make metal looks tacky. the CF looks good.

have you read any of the posts on this thread? if you did, i think you are not reading very well, becasue obviously the people here like it. we have a 3 page thread talking about it.

if you didn't, then you are silly becasue you posted blind, and didn't even know what was going on. that's like the kid that hears three words of a conversation and jumps in with a comment, only to find the conversation was about something else.

the truth of it is, you posted to start trouble. don't be a killjoy.

dR
    Last edited by Root; 03-05-2002 at 09:59 PM.

Greg, DR... ditto!

Anyway, just got finished installing mine. I whipped up a quick case of the flu that seemed to last EXACTLY how long it took me to install the dash kit. Just had to leave work today around 2:00pm.

Total install time was an hour and a half. That "primer" stuff you put on your dash before did the trick; those pieces are NOT coming off. All I needed was a couple Q-tips and a heatgun of my own. Each piece fit just fine. The only pieces I did not install was the piece on the Glove-Box and the piece in the change tray (beneith the ash tray). Could always put those on later if I wanted to. Also finished up my Apex TT install. Used that "primer" stuff for that too. worked like a charm.

I'll post a pic tomorrow. No real difference between mine and RX's but I did use the clock piece which he skipped because of his gauges. Also looks real nice against the white-faced gauges I have.

-- Rich

Cool BigRich...and for the record, tacky to me is body kits that are bolted on right out of the box in primer, pastel yellow. Or better yet, left the color of the car your friend is parting out. That is tacky. Not saying that anyone here would mar a WRX to this extent. So assuming that this would never be the case, I can see how personal touches such as this dash kit could seem - less preferred? Besides, I'm relishing in my uppipe, downpipe and unichip my car just got bolted on today...I'll post that in another area. I think this thread is officially fin!
    Platinum sedan with:

Not without posting my picture first...

-- Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dash1.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.