Carbon Dash Kits - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Carbon Dash Kits within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I should have my kit soon and will take pictures while I'm installing it... -- Rich...

I should have my kit soon and will take pictures while I'm installing it...

-- Rich

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I didn't get my kit by the week's end like I thought I would and I actually did all my email correspondence with Miratrim from work. I'll be back to work on Tuesday and will post an email address on here if you're still needing it. Otherwise, if you go to Ebay and do a general search of "WRX," you'll see an auction for this kit (make sure it's the 28 piece kit and it will state Miratrim) and the contact email is on there. I'll definitely post pictures when/after I've installed the kit.
    Platinum sedan with:
    TurboXS Stage II - TurboXS unichip and downpipe and catback, Godspeed uppipe, TurboXS Type H BOV, silencer removed, carbon fiber dash kit (real), H&R springs, 17" Prodrive P1's Anthracite, Foglight mod with no Daytime, and 20% tint

I have installed a blue carbon fiber (really more of a blue and black weave) dash kit in my blue '02 WRX wagon and I'm really happy with it. It also includes pieces for the front and rear doors. It looks a lot like the seat fabric. Very easy to install. I got mine from Exotic Wood Dashes ( http://www.exoticwooddash.com/ ) who also carry a couple of actual wood kits for the WRX. Sorry no pictures but I think the Exotic web site does a decent job of displaying the product. Good luck!

Jeff

Looks Like Burlwood

pretty sweet

dR

Okay, let me try to post some pictures. But I already know that the lighting on these will suck, so I will get some better ones if you'd like. It was hard to hold a light and take a picture in a garage with no sun and a digital camera that has no zero lux technology...enough of the excuses. I'll post one first and will check to see if I have to lighten it up. This kit was easy to install and cost $185 with $10 shipping = $195 (for those of you playing at home). And I had to trim the pictures down because of their size being too big to attach.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon1.jpg  
    Platinum sedan with:
    TurboXS Stage II - TurboXS unichip and downpipe and catback, Godspeed uppipe, TurboXS Type H BOV, silencer removed, carbon fiber dash kit (real), H&R springs, 17" Prodrive P1's Anthracite, Foglight mod with no Daytime, and 20% tint

I'm really having to trim these pics down...don't know what the overall radio section will portray, but we'll see...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon2.jpg  
    Platinum sedan with:

There are really a bunch of pieces that make up the lower console section. My favorite piece. It's polyurethane coated and although it appears really glossy in the picture, it's more of the flash from the camera. The carbon fiber is a nice quality and the fit is great. There are cut-outs for the ashtray front, around the lighter socket, two pieces under the E-brake, a large piece around the gearshift, the radio plate is one big piece with little pieces surrounding the cup holder and the other blank slot where most people have turbo timers installed. There's even a big piece to go around the clock in the dash, but I have gauges so couldn't use it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon3.jpg  
    Platinum sedan with:

This is not a great pic, but it shows the outline around the E-brake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon4.jpg  
    Platinum sedan with:

Another...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon5.jpg  
    Platinum sedan with:

Maybe a few more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon6.jpg  
    Platinum sedan with:

Lower radio...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carbon7.jpg  
    Platinum sedan with:

There are two small pieces that cover the power window switches in the back, a piece up around the map lights, pieces that encircle the round side vents but they don't cover the silver area. They are exactly surrounding that silver trim piece and is approximately 1/4" wide. Same thickness around the speedo - just the outline. There's also one skinny long piece that I put on the dash from the center of the passenger side circle vent towards the top of the cup holder. I think that's about it. There are also two piece on the glove box - one on the handle and the other encircling the lock. 28 pieces...enjoy if you decide to buy - I like it.
    Platinum sedan with:

Great pics. Thank you very much for posting them. One request, can you take a wider angle shot of the entire dash to see how it all looks together?

Thanks again.

Drool... if you blur your eyes, you can see what it's supposed to look like.

Mine was shipped out 2 days ago. Should be able to do it this weekend. My camera lacks in techno-luster too. I'll do the best I can.

Question, are the pieces for the vents and clock raised? They aren't flat are they? If that were the case, you'd have to 'mold' them to dash (pain in the ass).

-- Rich

Rich and Roadster - First off I was able to click off a good picture of most of the dash in one shot, however with the download only accepting 102K, I wasn't able to post it. Let me know how I can do this and I will. As to the pieces around the vents and clock, well the pieces (all) have a thin, spongy 3M adhesive backing. So they are going to be raised slightly. Because most of this kit covers areas that tend to be recessed, they nicely fit more flush. However around the vents and that long strip on the dash above the glove box (for accent), those are raised, but nothing too gaudy. I think I know what you mean by flat (Rich) and no none of the pieces are with this backing. It's your typical double stick adhesive much like emblem adhesive. One warning, you'll clean the area with alcohol and then apply a "primer" which will react with the stickiness of the 3M backing. When these two come into contact, it's tough to adjust. You can still pull it back off, but just try to hover it above the placement until you can eyeball it precisely. It'll save you in the long run. The exacto knife that you'll be using to peel off the backing tape, that's a good tool to assist in lining up or moving the piece if you gently lay it down before pressing it solid in place.
    Platinum sedan with:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast