Tired of that little Lameco turbo gauge you can't read?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tired of that little Lameco turbo gauge you can't read? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Now this is a turbo gauge....

Tired of that little Lameco turbo gauge you can't read?

Now this is a turbo gauge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails installed80mm03.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Omori 80mm Turbo gauge - with an electric digital EGT gauge built in. The most useful WRX gauge out there.

Coming to a post near you soon - 52mm Omori WRX look intake temp, oil temp and oil pressure gauges.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails installed80mm05.jpg  
    Last edited by jehcpa; 04-24-2003 at 10:31 PM.

Limehatless Avatar - I'm a trend scoffer.
    WHAA? I've never seen that guage!!

SWEET!

I replaced my Lameco with a 45mm Omori WRX-look. MUCH MUCH better

Vostok 7
    BUGEYE 4 LYFE! Or uh maybe not

RIP Team Intrinsic Viva la Project 1! http://www.prjct1.com/

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4EAT Aspen White "Akane"
    Mod List, Picts

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sedan Aspen White "Akane II"

damn thats a monster...i have an autometer thats very easy to read

So how much dare I ask.. and from where? Looks great!
    '12 WRB Sedan

$300 for the combo turbo/egt gauge. (not much more than for the two seperately of this quality) The pod was a bear to find - I haven't figured out why Omori doesn't make one. They make one for 80mm tachs but it isn't deep enough. There are many available overseas for 80mm - the only one I found in the US was a VDO tach pad from e-gauges.

If you are interested in any Omori products at http://www.omorimeter.co.jp/english.html drop Thaison at J-Spec Tuning a line http://www.j-spectuning.com sales@j-spectuning.com 408-772-9719. He can hook you up with gauges he keeps in stock or special orders (like my turbo/egt gauge and intake temperature gauge).

I've seen that gauge on the Omori web site and I really like it. Is it hard to read the EGT? It looks as though the boost needle would block the little LCD screen.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Right now only the boost is hooked up I am waiting to remove the catted up-pipe before I remove the stock sensor.

The needle is not that wide in that area and the LCD is fairly good size - I expect the number to be about the same size as the trip mileage in the gauge cluster. I expect it to be easier to read than a 45mm or 52mm analog EGT gauge, even under boost with the needle in the same vicinity.

Will report back once the up pipe is replaced and EGT connected. The EGT also has a peak and alarm function.

Neat! I really like that. Definatley keep us posted on how the EGT gauge works.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

So your putting the EGT probe for the gauge in the stock EGT location in the uppipe? Also the heat from that vent wont melt/harm the wiring would it...?
    '12 WRB Sedan

I am not far from my... oh well I won't say how many degrees I have - but I am back from partying like the first and it is taking me like 20 minutes to respond....

In a very bad condition butt am going to say yes I am putting my aftermarket EGT close to stock to get average EGTs vs. any particular supposed lean sylinder to get an averagte of all four cylinders.

Theorectically- properly tuned a catless up pipe should be cooler than a catted up pipe for the same environmental conditions. Wiring should be fine - there are supposedly problmes with the stock egt in this environment that casuses problems but aftermarket should be fine.

Shouldn't have responded no spell check here - I didn't drive though that is why NYC transportation network is so good... even to NJ.

be well till I can correct any misstatements later and by the way I luv brazillian women, cachaca and caipirianha!

Originally posted by jehcpa
    I am not far from my... oh well I won't say how many degrees I have - but I am back from partying like the first and it is taking me like 20 minutes to respond....

In a very bad condition butt am going to say yes I am putting my aftermarket EGT close to stock to get average EGTs vs. any particular supposed lean sylinder to get an averagte of all four cylinders.

Theorectically- properly tuned a catless up pipe should be cooler than a catted up pipe for the same environmental conditions. Wiring should be fine - there are supposedly problmes with the stock egt in this environment that casuses problems but aftermarket should be fine.

Shouldn't have responded no spell check here - I didn't drive though that is why NYC transportation network is so good... even to NJ.

be well till I can correct any misstatements later and by the way I luv brazillian women, cachaca and caipirianha!
    Lol, at least you made it home safe!
    '12 WRB Sedan

LOL we went out after our last class - need to make sure I take it a little easier after the graduation ceremony.

hmmm, it looks kind of like the backlighting on the guage is a bit uneven. is that like a dead spot i see, right down the middle? anyway, is the lighting really off like that or is it just a bogus picture? insane guage by the way.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Turbo gauge? What turbo gauge? I don't see anything
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast