Tired of that little Lameco turbo gauge you can't read? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Tired of that little Lameco turbo gauge you can't read? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by Mr Kooyulator hmmm, it looks kind of like the backlighting on the guage is a bit uneven. ...

Originally posted by Mr Kooyulator
    hmmm, it looks kind of like the backlighting on the guage is a bit uneven. is that like a dead spot i see, right down the middle? anyway, is the lighting really off like that or is it just a bogus picture? insane guage by the way.
    The backlight isn't quite even. It is way exaggerated in the picture though. Since I do not have the EGT hooked up yet - I have not passed judgment. I am hoping there is a light in the area of the LCD that is off the EGT power that will even it out. IRL it looks like a shadow eminating from the LCD but is not as severe to the naked eye as it is to my old 2.2 megapixel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Full Omori gauge set installed.

I have installed from left to right an 80mm combination turbo/EGT gauge (EGT still not hooked up since I still haven't done the uppipe, :sigh, 52mm intake air temp, 52mm oil pressure (with warning), 52mm oil temperature (with warning). Note that 52mm is a very difficult install in the stock pod. I went from the front and so it is a bit hacked up - if I were to do this again I would install the faceplate cutting from the rear. The bottom, left and right of the pod need to be trimmed and the left of the faceplate needs to be cut (I tried to bend it slightly distorting the left cutout.

Much better than stock, no?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fullinstall01.jpg  

This is a shot of lit up. Note that the backlighting is slightly brighter than the dash. This does a couple things with my crummy 2.2 megapixel - it blurs the gauges (which are actually quite sharp when lit) and it also way over exagerates a shadow on the turbo gauge that I can only figure is due to the EGT LCD in the center top of the gauge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fullinstalllit03.jpg  

the stock guages are definitely TINY espescially when you look at the step up. good job.

just out of curiosity, what radar detector are you running in there? is that a passport 8000?

keep us posted when you do your uppipe about that "shadow" on the guage (if it goes away with the egt intalled)
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

passport 8500

My stock pod solution is only temporary until I find a large pod that I am happy with, so I didn't mind the little bit of a hack job I did. Anyone with a steady hand and plastic working skill could have made it cleaner - I did it quick.

On these latest pics I did hook up the power to the LCD and it helps some (but now the warning lights are on since there is no sensor). However the shadow is still there - but it is way overexagerated with my camera which doesn't handle different lighting environments very well. I need to retake the picture in a full dark environment instead of my practically dark garage and see if it is more representative. The problem I think is that the lights are on the right and left inside and the LCD is blocking the light path to the top of the gauge. It is fully readable at night, while the shadow is noticeable it is not that bad. I would recommend that Omori try to fit one more light above the LCD to elminate the shadow completely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.