what size gauges fit for the oem gauge pod?

This is a discussion on what size gauges fit for the oem gauge pod? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; does anyone know where i can purchase an oem or similar pod that fits on the center dash for the ...

what size gauges fit for the oem gauge pod?

does anyone know where i can purchase an oem or similar pod that fits on the center dash for the 03 wrx?

also, how dificult is it to remove the clock that is there now? i tried tugging the center clock pod a little, and it seems quite loose. do you just pull up until it pops off?

also, does anyone know if the factory oem gauge pod comes with lights?
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Clock comes out no problem at all, just 4 white clips (the ones that cause all the rattles in the car!!! )

The OEM pod has 45mm gauges (might be 42mm) and can be used with stock gauges and I think Omori makes gauges that fit the stock faceplate.

Defi makes a ceter dash pod that fits 52 or 60mm gauges, forget which one, I think Defi's are 60mm. You can get that pod and use 60mm gauges, or get the stock pod without the faceplate, and make a custom faceplate to fit any size gagues you want.

Try subaruparts.com for the pod. I think they sell it with or without faceplate.

Of course, all of this info and moe is available by searching around the site.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Actually, the clock was a pain to get out. You have to pull up on the back of it (closest to the windshield) there are two clips holding it in. Use two hands. Then, lift it up and the two front clips should release. Be careful as there is a wiring harness attached to the clock. You can just disconnect it and the whole housing comes out.

You can get the factory pod cover for $60 but it doesn't come with the gauge pod or bracket. If you get the factory gauge pod it comes with the mounting bracket and all hardware for around $550 and it does come with lights.

If you just want the cover and bracket so you can mount your own gauges, go here: http://www.wrxtra.com Go to Catalog and click on Gauge Pod for 2 1/16" gauges.

Hope that helps.
    '02 WRX/STi

that is what i would like to do. but instead of filling up the pod with performance gauges, which i wont be using, i will instead be doing this;

a clock gauge to make up the fact that i will be losing the standard clock.

an outside air temperature gauge would serve me better than an oil pressure gauge.

and the third slot i am un-decided. but i already have the turbo gauge factory installed on the steering wheel. im sure the third gauge will be something data related or performance, maybe oil pressure or battery voltage.

i want to keep this thing civilized. i also like the center pod, looks great, even if the gauges arent all ment for racing.

this is the pricing i have found so far

clock gauge = $72.50
    outside temp gauge = $93.66
    gauge pod = $111.95
    third gauge = $??.??

price comes out to $286.11 so far.

anyone know what other convenience gauges there might be out there? like inside air temperature (cabin), although im sure i can just purchase 2 outside temp gauges, im just affraid that they may have print on them that says outside are temp.
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!