Got a New Shift Knob. How do I take off the stock one??

This is a discussion on Got a New Shift Knob. How do I take off the stock one?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just ordered a RAZO carbon fiber shift knob. How do i take the stock knob off and will my ...

Got a New Shift Knob. How do I take off the stock one??

I just ordered a RAZO carbon fiber shift knob. How do i take the stock knob off and will my stock boot work with this knob. can anyone post their experiences. I just got the WRX on Friday. This is my first mod and I need some help.

Thanks
    Tim
    2002 Aspen White Impreza WRX.
    AEM Short Ram Intake, APEXi Turbo Timer, STI Strut Tower Bars F&R, Tien Springs , Tokico Premium Performance Shocks, Rota Torque 17x 8", Toyo Proxes, STI V1 Front Lip
    JDM STi Hoodscoop, Zerosports Carbon Fiber Risers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you just unscrew it.... its pretty tight at first, and you have to turn it for forever, but it will come off. then when its off it just takes a little pulling to get the boot detached from the knob...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

so all I have to do is tug on the shift boot? I just dont wanna mess anything up....Yet....

Also will this boot hook back up to my RAZO knob?

Thanks
    Tim
    2002 Aspen White Impreza WRX.
    AEM Short Ram Intake, APEXi Turbo Timer, STI Strut Tower Bars F&R, Tien Springs , Tokico Premium Performance Shocks, Rota Torque 17x 8", Toyo Proxes, STI V1 Front Lip
    JDM STi Hoodscoop, Zerosports Carbon Fiber Risers

If it's ONLY a knob, then just take off the stock knob by unscrewing it (like 100 turns lol) and then putting the new one on. Simple as that!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

It is that simple, i had to turn my hand 74 times (my friend counted).

hey wat kinda razo shift knob did u get, mcguirkgti?
    do u have pics?

Don't be shy, untwist that bad boy til it comes off the shifter, then grab the boot with one hand, and the knob with the other. Twist and PULL. The boot will snap right off the knob. Again, don't be afraid to put some muscle into it
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes