Are the factory alarms upgradable???

This is a discussion on Are the factory alarms upgradable??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was wondering if anyone with more alarm experience knows if the factory security system on the WRX is upgradable. ...

Are the factory alarms upgradable???

I was wondering if anyone with more alarm experience knows if the factory security system on the WRX is upgradable.

Basically, I have an Alpine microwave Motion Sensor and a Clifford Dual Stage Shock sensor that I removed from my last car (along with the whole alarm). Normally, different brand accessories don't really matter, since they are only turning a signal on or off to the alarm brain. But what I don't know, is if the factory alarm controller has any auxillary sensor inputs on it that aren't used.

I like having my alarm on the factory keyless entry system, but I definately want the shock/motion sensors (and maybe some hood/trunk pins added as well). Am I gonna have to replace the whole system with my Clifford system, or can I get these sensors working with the factory alarm?
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Someone has talking about how they hooked up a motion sensor. I would try a search, not to sure what to look for though.

Good luck,
    Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.