Guage Faces

This is a discussion on Guage Faces within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone installed new white/indiglo guages yet? Looking for the coolest ones and tips on install. Has anyone seen the reverse ...

Guage Faces

Anyone installed new white/indiglo guages yet? Looking for the coolest ones and tips on install. Has anyone seen the reverse indiglo ones yet,they look real sweet. CHRIS....
    WR Blue,STi short throw
    BBS RK 10 spokes,Pirelli p7000ss
    ichibahn shift knob,Llumar platinum tint,3/16 vaccum mod,removed intake silencer,borla cat back with stromung cat pipe,nice and loud, painted wing extensions,Morettes w/hid's,STi hood scoop,STi grille,side sills painted

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Reverse indiglo guages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reverse.gif  
    WR Blue,STi short throw
    ichibahn shift knob,Llumar platinum tint,3/16 vaccum mod,removed intake silencer,borla cat back with stromung cat pipe,nice and loud, painted wing extensions,Morettes w/hid's,STi hood scoop,STi grille,side sills painted

I put the APC indiglo faces in my Si when I had it. I loved them until they stopped working after about 6 months..

I installed a 6-color $65 indiglo gauge face kit from www.procarparts.com. The install was easy. White faced gauges in the daytime are real nice and at night there are so many color options you'll find yourself playing with it while you drive. The stock gauge housing comes apart to easily. I just whipped out my tester and tapped a couple wires. If I remember right, the wires were off of the right-most connector.

Purple wire --> parking lights
    Black wire --> ground (you can find your own ground though)

You MUST use a tester to double check these wires. But, the purple and the black worked fine for me.

-- Rich

Rich,how difficult was removing the needles and reinstalling them?
    I had a problem last time i did it. How did you go about it? CHRIS
    WR Blue,STi short throw

The needles are the hard part. I should have mentioned that... I did not take the needles off. It's not easy and those needles are very fragile.

The Temp & gas gauge I pointed them both down and that seemed to work. The Speedometer and tach I pointed up.

This is definitely the hardest part to the installation. Just go real slow! I think the needles do come off with a clip under the connector, but I didn't try.

-- Rich