Speaker box moving around
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Speaker box moving around within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone have problems with theri speaker box sliding around in the trunk? My whole mat moves with it! Any solutions?...

Speaker box moving around

Anyone have problems with theri speaker box sliding around in the trunk? My whole mat moves with it! Any solutions?
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the same problem. I just bought 2 small hinges from home depot and screwed one side to the sub box and the other side to the wood/board that covers the spare tire. I only needed to put one hinge on the front side of the sub box and one on the side. I used small screws (less than 1/2 in) and it doesnt move around anymore.

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines but I took some of the rubber undercoating/sound eliminator and sprayed my spare wheel well then then both sides of the cardboard and a checkerboard pattern on the bottom of the mat. The mat doesnt slide when i move my amps this sat I'm going to spray the bottom of the speaker box and hoepfully it wont slide anymore either

Probably won't do jack for a speaker box, but maybe it'll help with your other audio goods;I put two little loops on the bottom of my new 24lb sub amp that for some reason has no mounting holes or brackets, and it's still stuck solid to my amp rack even after a full week of spirited driving.

Given it's only a bonneville doing that driving, but who knows, it certainly has *just a bit* more body roll than a rex

/\
    ||
    ||
    ||
    Most useless post of the week

I used a total of 4 bungee cords to secure my box. It does not slide forward or backward anymore. It does occasionally hit the side of the trunk. But doesn't cause any damage to the car or the box so its acceptable to me. Plus it only cost about $3 dollars to fix and I don't have to unscrew anything if I want to take the box out!
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

well sat night I'll do that rubber coating and take some fast corners and see how it does.

Lightbulb

I stapled some velcro to the bottom of my sub and it works awesome. No sliding and it comes off easily. Just something else to try if that doesn't work.

Originally posted by Hah72215
    I stapled some velcro to the bottom of my sub and it works awesome. No sliding and it comes off easily. Just something else to try if that doesn't work.
    hmmmm I might have to try that in addition to the rubber coating

just dont put the other side of the velcro on the carpet....the whole carpet slid around when i tried. Thats when i got fed up and just screwed it in.

Well to remedy that get the rubberized undercoaitng(dulpicolr walmart or autozone) and spray both sides of the wheel well cover. my mat doesnt slide around anymore just the box. After spraying the underside of the box I expect it to not slid around either

Sorry, I forgot you have the sedan with a carpet in the trunk. My wagon doesn't have a carpet and it works just fine.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.