wrx=bad ergonomics
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx=bad ergonomics within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I really hate the ergonomics of my wrx. No matter how I adjust the tilt wheel and the seat, if ...

Thumbs down wrx=bad ergonomics

I really hate the ergonomics of my wrx. No matter how I adjust the tilt wheel and the seat, if it is comfortable and how I like it, I absolutely cannot see my gauges. None of my recent cars ('01 Z28, sold; and a crx that I autocross) have had this problem. I like the wheel as low as it can go. On both the Z28 and the crx, with the wheel at its lowest, this still allowed me sight of my gauges--not on the wrx. I wonder why in the hell the tilt wheel even goes that low--for midgets?! The gauges should be about 2 inches lower in the dash. Thank god I didn't wait for an '04 with the tach in the middle--it would be even harder to see. Rant over.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe its cause your tall ?
    seems like alot of cars are geared for little people (honda especially)

Im 5'7 and fit and see perfectly. My wrx is the 2nd car I ever had that seemed to "fit" me exactly.
    02 WRB WRX
    --whole lotta mods

I'm 6' 3'' and i have no problem

Does the wheel really need to be bottomed out?

i'm 6'6" and im fine...

6 2 and a ok
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Re: wrx=bad ergonomics

Originally posted by daveyboy
    I really hate the ergonomics of my wrx. No matter how I adjust the tilt wheel and the seat, if it is comfortable and how I like it, I absolutely cannot see my gauges. None of my recent cars ('01 Z28, sold; and a crx that I autocross) have had this problem. I like the wheel as low as it can go. On both the Z28 and the crx, with the wheel at its lowest, this still allowed me sight of my gauges--not on the wrx. I wonder why in the hell the tilt wheel even goes that low--for midgets?! The gauges should be about 2 inches lower in the dash. Thank god I didn't wait for an '04 with the tach in the middle--it would be even harder to see. Rant over.
    You're just weird. Everyone else that I've ever talked to has never had a problem. Just experiment with the up down seat and wheel functions. Then mess around with the tilt front/back of the seat till you get it perfect.

Blue
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

what is it like 6 way adjustable seats i think
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Elephant Man?

Originally posted by bedabi
    Elephant Man?
    hahaha

Limehatless Avatar - I'm a trend scoffer.
    6' here and no problems.

I'd say mess with the seat up/down function... Maybe you have it too high?

Also don't put your wheel at the total bottom.

Vostok 7
    BUGEYE 4 LYFE! Or uh maybe not

RIP Team Intrinsic Viva la Project 1! http://www.prjct1.com/

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4EAT Aspen White "Akane"
    Mod List, Picts

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sedan Aspen White "Akane II"

er·go·nom·ics The applied science of equipment design, as for the workplace, intended to maximize productivity by reducing operator fatigue and discomfort. Also called biotechnology, human engineering, human factors engineering.
    (used with a pl. verb) Design factors, as for the workplace, intended to maximize productivity by minimizing operator fatigue and discomfort: The ergonomics of the new office were felt to be optimal.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm 6' tall and I like the ergonomics.. tho I don't put the wheel all the way down, I keep it where the OEM turbo gauge lines up just below the middle of the tach

I'm 6'6" and it fits me perfectly! I love it! I can't imagine having the wheel all the way down...I'd smack my knees with every shift on the steering wheel.
    It's not a damn beanbag!

I have trouble seeing only the top part of the tach. I also bottom my steering wheel out. It's more comfortable for me this way. If the steering wheel is not vertical, it's just not comfortable even at a slight angle. It's not too bad though.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

Originally posted by Kira
    I have trouble seeing only the top part of the tach. I also bottom my steering wheel out. It's more comfortable for me this way. If the steering wheel is not vertical, it's just not comfortable even at a slight angle. It's not too bad though.
    I think that may be the problem--I like the wheel to be nearly vertical. When the wheel is angled I feel like I am driving a tractor. I might also be that most of the people posting that find it very comfortable are over 6', I am 5' 7".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast