wrx=bad ergonomics - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on wrx=bad ergonomics within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by Kira I have trouble seeing only the top part of the tach. I also bottom my steering ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Kira
    I have trouble seeing only the top part of the tach. I also bottom my steering wheel out. It's more comfortable for me this way. If the steering wheel is not vertical, it's just not comfortable even at a slight angle. It's not too bad though.
    This is exactly my problem. I like the steering wheel vertical as well. It just feels more comfortable this way. But I can't stretch my arms out with the steering wheel in this position. So I almost have to rest my wrist on the steering wheel while driving. I do, however, put my hand on the steering wheel when making lane changes though. I am 6' tall, but I guess I have long arms. I just wish there was an adjustment to make the steering wheel go forward only 1" more.
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 06-08-2003 at 09:31 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

5'10".

love mine.

:shrug:

6'4, best fitting car I've ever had. The ergonomics are actually the main reason I got the car, other than the performance.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

5'3 and i fit nicely in the rex. seems like im the shortest dude on this board lol.
    03 WRB WRX - 5/18/03

I'm 6'4" and got this because my Miata was starting to feel too small.
    I just can't figure out what the best set up is- the best position for your body is to have your legs at right angles to your body. If your knees are higher than your hips, then you're putting strain on your back.
    If I crank the seat height up, it moves the seat forward and makes me feel close to the steering wheel. If I crank the seat down, I get more distance moving back, but then I lose that right angle action between legs and body. Also, when I have the seat back all the way for my legs, my arm gets tired from stretching during the shifts/messing with the stereo. Cranking the seat straight vertical feels funny to me.

I guess my question is... is raising seat height for tall people to get legroom or is it for short people to get better a better view over the dash?

I am long-waisted (short legs) so I run the seat fully lowered, seat back all the way up, I slide the seat pretty far forward on the rails, and I have the wheel all the way up. I like having the wheel close because it's easier to control under high lateral g's. And it's comfy on long hauls.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    6ft 2 240lbs, and it fits like a glove!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.