looky what I made
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on looky what I made within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I really did make it........................on a Haas CNC lathe. I have been waiting quite a little while to make this ...

looky what I made............update topside photo

I really did make it........................on a Haas CNC lathe. I have been waiting quite a little while to make this fine piece, at least thats how I look at it. I had the CAD drawing for it for several months and the CNC program, that I wrote by hand, for several weeks and today I finally managed to get my hands on the lathe to run it. I really wasn't sure just exactly how it was going to turn out, sometimes a picture or drawing doesn't always tell the whole story. I nearly killed it when the lathe chuck applied too much pressure to the part the shifter boot grabs on to, so the chuck mashed it into a triangular shape rather than round. However I managed to salvage it but I was a bit pissed. The knob is made from 6061 aluminum and is a perfect fit to the car. The picture really doesn't do it much justice because of the glare. I hope you guys like it, I sure do. So who wants one?
    Last edited by Jarex; 05-01-2003 at 07:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Last edited by Jarex; 06-26-2004 at 08:26 PM.

Looks great!!! You should sell your design to Autospeed. They have the facility to make a bunch of them with ease, and you could stand to make some profit. Then again, you probably want it to be original and on your car only.

Great job!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Sweet! Reminds me of the STI Ti shift Knob. I'd actaully take one of those if you decide to produce them and it isn't too expensive.

Blue

PS: What's up with what looks like Ace Bandage on your Glovebox?
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

looks great and maybe the car is injured. thats the reason for the ace bandage..but all in all great design
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Neat looking knob!

P.S. I think the "bandage" on the glovebox is shadow/light...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by is2scooby
    Neat looking knob!

ahh u may be on to somthing
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Wow...that looks pretty cool. Does it have a bulky feel?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

That is really cool, how bout some shots from the top?

It is light, but it did look kinda weird.

Originally posted by is2scooby
    Neat looking knob!

Yes, now that I look at it from that perspective, you are right. The seperation between the glove and the rest of the dash, mixed with the light really threw me off.

Blue
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

Looks really good, but I've burned myself and frozen myself too many times with aluminum. I'll stick to leather from now on. The aluminum sure has a purposeful kind of flash to it which is soo cool.

Good job.. My mom works for Haas...

Nice, i wouldn't mind having one.

Just curious, I was wondering if you have considered making a rounder knob more like a cue ball? Those types seem to be very comfortable and ergonomic.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

So, you going to sell any of these?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.