Leather Seats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Leather Seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all. I just got around to taking pics of my Leather Seats that I recently installed, thanks to a ...

Leather Seats

Hey all. I just got around to taking pics of my Leather Seats that I recently installed, thanks to a friend of mine.

Just thought I'd share:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx seats.jpg  
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

And
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx seats2.jpg  
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

Wow! they look amazing.

How much did it run you to do that, I'm thinking of changing to leather myself.
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

Well, I bought the seats second hand for $400. The guy who I bought the seats from paid I think $560 or so for the leather, and then did the upholstering himself. So if you were to get it done somewhere I'd think it'd be at least $800??

Blue

I have the exact same interior.

Dealer did it for $1500

Eh, worth it though to me! I LOVE IT!

Originally posted by Zapix
    I have the exact same interior.

Dealer did it for $1500

Eh, worth it though to me! I LOVE IT!
    Yeah, I LOVE the seats (they are the same WRX seats, just 100 times more comfortable)

$1500 I see why my friend decided to do it himself. He did an amazing job on them though. No one would ever know a shop didn't do it.

There was a group buy for the skins when my friend bought it, so if you could find it like that, and then bring it somewhere else, I'm sure you could get it for less than $1500 (Dealers always get you)

Blue

Originally posted by BlueDemon
    (Dealers always get you)
    Actually... Hehe, this was the ONLY thing they won on... and they still were screwed over my me! They lost $$$ on me!
    Anyways!
    Watch out for those sunny days! You'll burn your butt off! I already have a few times. O U C H !

Originally posted by Zapix
    Actually... Hehe, this was the ONLY thing they won on... and they still were screwed over my me! They lost $$$ on me!
    Anyways!
    Watch out for those sunny days! You'll burn your butt off! I already have a few times. O U C H !
    Really? WOW, good to see the little guy coming out on top every once in a while.

On a second note, for those who are interested, there's a group buy going on now for leather:

Leather Seats Group Buy

did you get those from Fernely?
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protege Yellow-Goldie

1993 Impreza L Amethyst-Starr

*RIP*2003 WRX Sonic Yellow-Sunny

Hey Zapix

I am guessing that you bought your car new. Did the dealer allready have the car in stock w/ the seats leather allready, or did you order the car and ask them to do it. Did they offer or did you ask?

Thanx
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

Re: Hey Zapix

Originally posted by jar_e_d sti
    I am guessing that you bought your car new. Did the dealer allready have the car in stock w/ the seats leather allready, or did you order the car and ask them to do it. Did they offer or did you ask?

Thanx
    Yeah, I got the car new. My sedan was totally stock from start! No nothing on it!
    I got that for $22,251.
    They did the leather custom for me, $1500. They had it already in some cars for $1100. It's something they custom sell! Gotta love Schaller Subaru for that!
    They did mine for $1500. So I guess $1100 plus install... Cheap bastards!
    Everything on my car was pretty much dealer done though. Gold P1s and tires, $1750, 22B wing for $750. It was a good deal on the whole thing. Plus I had them put in a HKS boost gauge and security system. I drove away from there 100% satisfied and happy with my purchase!
    On the topic of the leather, I find it's very comfortable, and you stay in the seat very well. No sliding around like some leather seats. I was at a meet recently... I didn't see a single WRX with leather, although older RS2.5s... Yes. But not with this style.

IMHO, this leather has a very sporty feel that you only find in Porsche cars, or the Audi TT. It lightens the interior a bit as well. I should note that the leather also adds a bit of an echo effect in the car! Somewhat interesting, but I don't even notice it anymore!

Originally posted by imprezu
    did you get those from Fernely?
    Sure did! Fernly's da Man!

Blue

yep he sure is.. have you seen pics of my car since i added the wheels&springs?

Wow, that's it in your Avatar? Looks really good! Congrats man. I'm sure she (your car) is as much of your baby as mine is to me.

Latas

Blue

yea man thats her... she's my baby... going with uppipe next... i'm trying to secure a bov now

here's a bigger pic

Last edited by imprezu; 04-15-2003 at 05:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast