My SINGLE A-Pillar Mount Boost Gauge Install!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My SINGLE A-Pillar Mount Boost Gauge Install! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I actually did this about 6 months ago and i recently took some pics of it. As some of you ...

My SINGLE A-Pillar Mount Boost Gauge Install!

I actually did this about 6 months ago and i recently took some pics of it. As some of you know, there is no single A-pillar mount gauge pod available for the WRX. I experimented with the GReddy universal pod and i didnt like it. I probably could have made it work but it didnt fit well......took up most of the A-pillar, too bulky.

I did not want to buy a exhaust temp gauge.....i dont think i will be going past a Stage 2. So i decided to buy the A-pillar mount dual autometer guage pod and cut out one of the pods. I used the bottom pod because the top pod has more depth in it and a large gap would appear on the back of the pod. As for paint, i went to a paint shop and purchased some grey wall paint (closest match i could find) with an "eggshell" finish (appears less glossy). I mounted it with double sided tape and filled the small gap in the back with a thick grey foam tape.

Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Platinum_REX03; 09-14-2006 at 09:55 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Another:
    Last edited by Platinum_REX03; 09-14-2006 at 09:55 AM.

i like it...
    there are other paints that should match closer though, if you are a detail freak. i dont know what specifically, but you can find threads discussing apillar pods where they talk about what paint they used for a perfect match...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

The paint match actually isnt that bad.......seems alot in the picture though probably due to the flash. In regular daylight it matches really close.

nice job.... i need to get around to painting mine...
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

looks good!

BAH 2 painting. mine is still black.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

from allsubaru.com, 70 bucks. Yours looks nice though, it's in a better position IMO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauge.jpg  

I've seen that pod. I would have gone that way if this didnt work out. I personally like it better on the A-pillar too.

i like that pod a lot too, and would have bought it if it was more along the lines of $30. whats with the huge pricetag on it?
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

hey, how did you mount it to the stock plastic?
    by glue / double tape / put screw
    thanks

Originally posted by chobits
    hey, how did you mount it to the stock plastic?
    by glue / double tape / put screw
    thanks
    I used a real thin double sided foam tape......the foam itself is a grey color with red peel away backing. This is a stronger type of double sided tape.....not the like the white foam type. Of course, if you use tape try to find one as thin as possible or else a noticeable gap will appear.

it's just awesome
    what about the fitment?

Originally posted by chobits
    it's just awesome
    what about the fitment?
    Regarding the fitment......that 2nd picture should tell you alot. It fits perfectly around the stock A-pillar.

Hey Platnum I really like your custom pillar gauge, where did you get that gauge from and how much? Is it the one from summitracing for $50? And how big is that gauge ? it look really nice.....

Originally posted by wrscoob
    Hey Platnum I really like your custom pillar gauge, where did you get that gauge from and how much? Is it the one from summitracing for $50? And how big is that gauge ? it look really nice.....
    The gauge is an Autometer Sport Comp series mechanical boost gauge. The size is 2-1/16 in. I bought it locally for around $50. Summit Racing has it cheaper. Part # ATM-3301

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...art=ATM%2D3301

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast